Votes: 35 16.4%
  • To relax after a hard day

Votes: 65 30.5%
  • To get a significant other in a good mood

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • the ubiquitous other, or all of the above: explain

Votes: 121 56.8%

• Total voters
I listen for a number of reasons, but usually just to relax, either by myself or with the gf. Crappy days and great days are both reasons to listen IMO.

I listen to music from the time I get up until it's time to go to bed. Mostly vinyl or cassettes whth a cd thrown in once in a while.Disability has one good benefit I guess

impulse

It's an impulse/spur of the moment whim usually. I'll be working on something and start humming or otherwise replaying a song in my head. Then I think............My rendition really sucks........time for the real deal....froogAL

earbuds just don't get it done!!!

I picked "when I'm already relaxed".

I found as my system got better, I couldn't focus on anything else while it was on; it was too damn compelling!

So now the only time i turn it on is to sit and listen without distraction---same as watching a movie.

I put other, because music is on at any and all times for me. It starts as soon as I've had breakfast and right up to the point I go to sleep. Specific times would have to be:
When I'm reading
Friends over that haven't heard my music before.
When on the computer
Going to sleep, without some music, I can't sleep.

But any excuse is a good excuse to turn up the volume just under what the neighbors can hear (I live in an apartment, so that's not that loud. :D)

On a different note, I had the system going pretty good, and a friend who's generally knowledgeable about audio stuff goes, "Dude, your speakers have more bass than my subwoofer. Do you have the stereo turned up?" No, no I didn't. Made me feel pretty good. :)

I fire my Sansui / Technics system up in the AM and it stays on all day,'til it's time to go to sleep.So anytime I'm home,and of course while I'm driving. .....:scratch2:.....most of the day !

Wow ! other is kickin' azz ! !

like everyone else I picked other.

I listen to music when I get home. Good day, bad day, off day, it don't matter, when I walk in the door I turn it on and all is well........

My music time is mostly late at night...10PM to 2AM...when the wife has gone off to bed. Given that I get up at 6:30AM on weekdays, I really should get to bed before that last album spins.

When? Anytime I feel like it.......I am retired.

I listen to Music every day.

At the very least I will turn on iTunes and send it over to the system wirelessly........about 2700 songs.......my songs.........always growing a little bit at a time.

When I am serious......I will brew a cup of Columbian........and cue the VPI.......

Back
Top Bottom