When do you say that's it?

When I started it was the new stereo vinyl and tubes with some R2R and FM. Then came SS. cart tapes, Cassette, Quad, CD, DVD, with video tape, in different picture and sound formats interspaced in between. Then came HT, which seems to change every-time I turn around. The latest is Atmos with 4k, which I'm going to skip unless my plasma fails. 8k is right around the corner. It seems like digital and streaming is new to me the first of each month. So how can you ever say thats enough. I guess you could go back to tubes and Lp's. But I wouldn't want a 60's turntable with the modern units and phono cartridges available today. Its a sad day when Shure finally quits making cartridges. If you need any stylus available from Shure you better buy a half dozen. The 4 or 5 Stanton Styli only lasted me 20 years. Then I found Dynavector and wish I had 10 years sooner.

Collecting, listening to and enjoying music is my obsession, not so much collecting gear. They keep making new music. So, I guess this will go on for some time.
Ditto. Once you have a system that is pleasing to your ears, you might stop upgrading and just buy more music in order to hear what you were missing before.

Happy with what I got now.
(Wait a minute ... what's this?)

hk-a10.jpg

GOTTA HAVE IT!!

(Let me rephrase my original statement here)

... every time I buy another piece of gear ... :(

Last edited:
When you have listened to absolutely every one of the app. 104,339,532 pieces of decent-to-the-best pieces of hifi gear ever made.

I doubt I'll be able to make it that far. I'm already pretty sick of listening to my reference music choices,
I thought for a while that I should take a break from audiophilia and pursue art appreciation, but it turns out a guy can only stare at Mona Lisa and La Guernica for so long before he wants to go outside and get a hotdog and look at girls.

Back
Top Bottom