When it comes to The Beatles which one...

Quadman2

Lunatic Member
would you have considered: to be the

the greatest?

the most creative?

the best player?

the best all around entertainer?

contributed the most to the group?

had the most effect on later music?

really cared about the music?

had the greatest vision?

the best team player?

the most individualistic?

was the most liked?

Or any other POV of any of the individual players in this famous group that had such an impact in the music world.

I've listened to their music but only on the first level of appreciation. I think it was at the mid point of their careers that I appreciated their tunes/melodies/lyrics and arrangements the most.

So, was hoping that I might be more enlightened as to what made the Beatles what they were, and look at the sum of the parts that made this band and their music stand out from the rest at the time.

Q

Agree with posts here.

It's amazing how quickly that John and Paul 1) created & bounced ideas off of each other, and then 2) finished them in the studio so fast. Unheard of these days.

EDIT: OP asks "...which one..." I must give the nod to Paul. He could write, sing and was a better musician (than the rest) being able to play a multitude of instruments very well (ie. trumpet, guitar, bass, piano, etc. etc.).

Last edited:
As musicianship goes McCartney was a great bass player and Ringo a great drummer; so good a drummer that the average person who’s impressed by busy drummers is unaware of how good he was. So I think McCartney was one of the best Rock and Roll bassists ever and Ringo one of the best Rock and Roll drummers ever.

The other two guys, well I don’t think they run in the one of the best ever crowd on their instruments.

the greatest? Paul

the most creative? John

the best player? George

the best all around entertainer? Paul

contributed the most to the group? John/Paul/George/Ringo

really cared about the music?

had the greatest vision?

the best team player? George/Ringo

the most individualistic?

was the most liked? Paul

You have to remember, after the Beatles broke up, George Harrison had the most successful first solo release in "All Things Must Pass." George also had the first benefits concert with "Bangladesh." He also financed Monty Python's "The Life of Brian" movie. Not too shabby!

Interesting points/POV's to date.:thumbsup:

The influence they had, and still do, for such a short time they were together on the pop charts was/is phenomenal.

Q.

I liked Wings far more than the Beatles. But I have heard them so much that I simply cringe when I hear them on the radio. Maybe in ten years not not hearing them I will be ready to listen to them again.

I think that it took all four of them to make the Beatles and taking any one of them out of the equation would make them less of a band. I think Paul had the most talent vocally, instrumentally and writing but John added a lot to make it better. George had quite a few good songs but I thought quite a few of his songs were stinkers. I thought that Ringo really progressed as a drummer even though Paul would put his drumming on several songs but I'm not sure how many. I thought that Paul was a better drummer than Ringo but Ringo was still better than most people give him credit for. I know Paul played lead in some songs but don't know which ones so I really couldn't compare his playing to George's. I think that Paul can play bass as well as anybody I've ever heard. It still amazes me when I intentionally listen to his bass playing.

I saw McCartney back in 2005 and I can say that he definitely didn't disappoint me. First class all the way and his band was fantastic. He put on the longest concert that I've ever been to and when it was over you could tell he was exhausted. If only I had been a little older when they were performing as a band.

Someone once said that in nearly any other group, George would have been the obvious leader.

You have to remember, after the Beatles broke up, George Harrison had the most successful first solo release in "All Things Must Pass." George also had the first benefits concert with "Bangladesh." He also financed Monty Python's "The Life of Brian" movie. Not too shabby!
Wonderwall was George's first solo album.

the greatest? The group together; the Beatles wouldn't have made it without unique and individual contributions

the most creative? Paul

the best player? Paul is the best bassist I've ever heard. George was a really great guitarist, sitarist, and slide guitarist. Ringo was the only drummer that the Beatles could have been successful with. His creativity fit perfectly.

the best all around entertainer? Paul

contributed the most to the group? Paul

really cared about the music? Paul and George--George because he was a perfectionist

had the greatest vision? Paul

the best team player?

the most individualistic? John

was the most liked? Paul

Back
Top Bottom