when wiring speakers what is ground on the amp

Krains

my amp doesn't give an indication of what is positive and what is negative when connecting the speaker
The bottom are the ground but no indication if it plus or minus
How can I tell?
The amp manual does not say

If the connectors are red and black, red is + black is -. If you're referring to car audio stuff, I have no idea what is standard these days.

nivico 5003
On the bACK OF THE amp is has left and right speakers...The bottom says ground but there is no other identifying information such as colors or plus/minus

Generally speaking: Music is AC so it really doesn't matter, especially if it's not marked, as long as you connect both speakers the same so they are in phase.

so the black speaker wire connects at the bottom? (bottom pic)

Sorry to be dense? I was kicked in the head by a bull when I was young

also Ive often wondered what 300 Watt thing was..do I insert speaker wire in there or is that for something else?> Ive always screwed it to the post

also Ive often wondered what 300 Watt thing was..do I insert speaker wire in there or is that for something else?> Ive always screwed it to the post
Those things marked 300W are convenience outlets. Don't insert anything in them except AC plugs for devices rated at or below the listed rating.
-Adam

so the black speaker wire connects at the bottom? (bottom pic)

Sorry to be dense? I was kicked in the head by a bull when I was young
Black wire (or whichever wire connects to - on the speakers) connects to the terminals marked "GND", and red wires (or whichever wire connects to + on the speakers) connects to the top terminals. No need to apologize for asking about this stuff; it's how you learn. :)
-Adam

Thanks! you guys are the best! I now have clean pots and switches and a couple new Diodes..I'm listening to some Marty Friedman on my $30 Goodwill Bose and soon my Polk Rti A1s will be here to take me to a new level...you guys are great...I think I may have a hernia from so much awkward lifting.but I guess that's a different story

While you're back there to connect the wires up, take a sharpie and mark the terminals "+ and -" accordingly. Or use a label maker if you have that.

Back
Top Bottom