When you hear "Slow Hand" EC 1977, Pointer S 1981 or Conway 1982 ?

When you hear "Slow Hand" What comes to mind? EC 1977, Pointer S 1981 or Conway 1982 ?

• Eric Clapton 1977, Cocaine - Wonderful tonight - Lay Down Sally

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • Pointer Sisters 1981-- Anita,Ruth and June ( Bettis and Clark) Peaked at #2

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Conway Twitty 1982-- Elektra Records, Topped at #1 for Hot Country Singles

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

biscuithead

Me likes the eargasm retroplasm...
When you hear the term "slow hand" what do you think of?

Do you think Eric Clapton and his JJ Cale and Don Williams covers on his album...
Or
Do you think Pointer Sisters, and recall their first hit "Fire"...
Or
Do you think Conway Twitty, and choose the b side too on the Juke... When Love was something else...

My wife, born in '82, had never heard the song. We were listening to a 1981 broadcast of Casey Kasem last night, and the pointer sisters comes on. I say that I actually like the conway twitty version better. My wife has never heard either. So off I go, downstairs to get all three albums. I bring EC because, that's what I think when I hear slow hand. My wife liked Conway better too, but not as much as Wonderful Tonight. EC prevails.

I would never have thought of anything other than the Clapton if you did not bring it up. However, I did pull out my Pointer Sisters and listened to a variety from three LPs - Live At The Opera House, Break Out, and Black & White. The first was released in 1974 and is the best of these three - it was prior to their switch to a more "popular" sound.

The EC version remains my go-to for this song.

Back
Top Bottom