Where can I buy a "Groovmaster Label Saver"

He used to sell on ebay. If he's not doing it anymore, search around here on AK as there are a few threads about making your own.

The sellers name on eBay is ygsarge.

He sell's one unit at a time. He will have another listing soon.

I have no affiliation with the seller and don't own a groovemaster.

Just saw another product for keeping the label dry while cleaning in a thread yesterday.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=7771294

553613261_o.jpg

For what it may be worth, I don't think getting labels wet is all that big of a deal. They get wet. They dry.

First, I will say I am not overly interested in the label; I'm interested in the music on the disk.

Second, I have noticed that very few records suffer ill effects from the label getting wet. Some few (mostly low-end budget labels) do. Some matte labels, the ink bleeds a bit onto my drying towel.

Most labels get wet, look damaged, but dry looking the same as they were before.

So I don't bother.

But it's up to each person.

Why not just get a couple of dent pullers? Very cheap, available at auto parts stores. Maybe $5 each?

For what it may be worth, I don't think getting labels wet is all that big of a deal. They get wet. They dry.

First, I will say I am not overly interested in the label; I'm interested in the music on the disk.

Second, I have noticed that very few records suffer ill effects from the label getting wet. Some few (mostly low-end budget labels) do. Some matte labels, the ink bleeds a bit onto my drying towel.

Most labels get wet, look damaged, but dry looking the same as they were before.

So I don't bother.

But it's up to each person.

For one kind of cleaning, getting the labels wet is not a great idea.
When using an ultrasonic record cleaning machine keep the labels out of the water.

What's wrong with touching it as you clean it?

I scrub pretty hard. If I could not hold the record, I could not do that.

Your fingers are oily, you are going through all that hard work and still your fingers might recontaminate. I know, that sounds pretty anal for a dude who washes a record in a sink, but still. I also LOVE flooding the record before and after with water which I think is doing a majority of the work - with the handle, that's pretty easy. Also with the handle, I don't have to regrip the record, I just rotate my wrist which makes things easy as well.

I scrub but not at an amazing pressure - if I did, I'd be squashing the fibers down to where they wouldn't work - just like painting I think the bristles do the work, not the pressure...

Love my Groovmaster Label Saver

One is listed now.

Here is the link

I have been using one for years now. It is perfect for washing your records in the sink. Though you will get some color bleeding with a few old labels.

I have no affiliation but am a huge fan!

best, Stephanie

I've been using the "Groovemaster" for a few years now. Come to find out when I emailed him he was living nearby. Did the buy in person. Quite a well made piece actually. What I liked too was that I could clamp the record and use the knobs to spin it thru the spin clean - didn't have to worry about the label getting wet.....I've had labels get wet before and some dry fine,others wrinkle and ruin so it's a gamble. If you're going to do all your cleaning manually, whatever way you choose, it's a great piece to have.

I also have used mine with perfect results. As stated, it is well made, and I don't see anything needing to be replaced likely in my record cleaning career.

My exchanges with Bill were professional and expedient.

Recommended here too!

Finally made it on this site. I'm the guy who invented the Groovmaster. I still make and sell them on ebay, the website groovmaster.com and direct. Unlike that stack thing that copies me, or those DYI plunger things, the original label saver the Groovmaster is clear, so you can see your label is safe. Just wanted to clarify also I never met someone in a parking lot and said I was moving on or leaving! Groovmaster is available and the best!

And, I've made my own DIY ones and they never work as well as Bill's device. I've submerged it on an awful record for twenty minutes and it never leaked... And the record was saved. It is a great product.

Back
Top Bottom