Where can I buy vintage blank tape for my Pioneer RT-707?

Onebean

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've been watching the online auctions, but is there a brick and mortar store with a good reputation I can buy from? I am always nervous about what I am actually buying in auctions.

Onebean

Have you thought about posting a WTB in BT media?

+1

I've had mountains of used tapes.
Sold them all on eBay.

FWIW, all the tapes I tried worked fine.
Many of the tapes I had were in very nice condition.
Pre-recorded stuff sold well (Opera, Classical, Symphony = $$$, pop, not so much)
Blank used tape goes dirt cheap.

You probably don't want to know what new 1/4 inch reel tape costs.

Well I have always had good luck with BASF LP35, 1800FT and it looks like this in factory packaging. I have never had any sticky tape issues with it and you can buy it NOS. They also come in very nice Library Boxes

s-l1600.jpg
You can also buy used and even search for music you might like. This is what I did when I had a deck that played 3 3/4. eBay is full of these tapes and it will build you tape inventory, If it's a bad recording you erase them and the good ones you keep.

s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg

Well I have always had good luck with BASF LP35, 1800FT and it looks like this in factory packaging. I have never had any sticky tape issues with it and you can buy it NOS. They also come in very nice Library Boxes

View attachment 1091032
You can also buy used and even search for music you might like. This is what I did when I had a deck that played 3 3/4. eBay is full of these tapes and it will build you tape inventory, If it's a bad recording you erase them and the good ones you keep.

View attachment 1091038 View attachment 1091039 View attachment 1091040

Yes BASF has and had great Tape.I have over 200 7" reels of all lenghts all 40-60 yrs old and after Bulk Erasing they all sound good with no problems at all! I bought mine used of course from places like KIJIJI and such for very cheap:)

Back
Top Bottom