Where did they go????

piece-it pete said:
Um, what is an oil bath? That Buick looks great!

Pete

It's just a "dripless" oil spray.It costs me about $65 every year.I also give the guy an extra $10 and he does inside frame holes and sprays inside the trunk wells.He sprays it just about everywhere.It can be quite messy and it's a bitch to clean up in the spring, but it keeps the rust out.My wife is not to impressed when I get her car done.

Delorean

Aage said:
A guy around the corner from me has one with the brushed aluminum look unpainted version. He just parks it in his driveway, like it was his everyday ride!

For those of you who don't remember this car, look at the plate number on the one in the attached image.

Thing that sticks in my mind, he has a double garage; ¿¿what?? could be more important? That's what I'm really curious about!

If I had a LOT of money...THAT'S a car I would spend money to import here. I would LOVE to have a DeLorean...I have a magazine that says that it was a bad car, full of problems, but that car was one of the main stars of that movie...which was and it still is one of my favorite movies...and also, it is car that may be a bad car, but looks terribly cool!

I'm a movie nut, so I would spend a truckload of money in an iconic film car if I could. Another iconic movie machine that I would love to have is in the photo below, although THAT ONE I coud not find even If I had the fortune of Bill Gates!

Last edited:
i remember fondly the oldsmobile trofeo and pontiac 6000 ste. both were well ahead of their times and were great to own.

For a while there, I thought Chevettes were going to become the VW bug of the 80s and 90s...saw 'em all over the place. Then...POOF...all gone! Bought a 76 Rallye 1.6 brand new...$3333.33 out the door. Add a Craig underdash cassette and a pair of cube speakers in the back, and you're good to go. Got about 140,000 out of it before trading it on another much-lamented car...a Ford Fiesta. Wish I still had the Ford, as well as the 72 Opel Manta I sold to my neighbor before getting the Chevette. Waaahhh. As far as the big body-on-frame 70s and 80s rides, a lot of them end up as demo derby fodder.

my old sold cars :ford galaxy 500 ,1966 ,buick skylark 1969 ,mazda miata 1990
are still going strong ,last one i sold was a bmw 520i 1990 buyer invested allot in new parts so it will live on

electronjohn said:
For a while there, I thought Chevettes were going to become the VW bug of the 80s and 90s...saw 'em all over the place. Then...POOF...all gone!

Chevettes were big just like the Hyundai Pony and the Lada...I never thought the day would come that I would never see one of those again.:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom