Where is the Audiokarma Chat?

ever since the new AK the chat seems to be gone, is it really gone?
Correct, the old AddOnChat room didn't make the transition from vBulletin to XenForo. Frankly, I'm not surprised, since that old chatroom was based around Java, which has numerous security issues these days. I've heard occasional rumors about a new AK chatroom, but not much has come of it as of yet. For the meantime, I (and others) have been keeping vigil in a series of temporary chatrooms:

Mibbit
Geekshed
Discord

Hopefully, an official solution will be coming about soon, which will hopefully be better attended than the unofficial chats. :deal:
-Adam

Correct, the old AddOnChat room didn't make the transition from vBulletin to XenForo. Frankly, I'm not surprised, since that old chatroom was based around Java, which has numerous security issues these days. I've heard occasional rumors about a new AK chatroom, but not much has come of it as of yet. For the meantime, I (and others) have been keeping vigil in a series of temporary chatrooms:

Mibbit
Geekshed
Discord

Hopefully, an official solution will be coming about soon, which will hopefully be better attended than the unofficial chats. :deal:
-Adam

Official chat: Doesn't that sound like a hoot.

Anyway, there's a bunch of us around here who use "conversations" for real-time chat, and it works about as well as anything else ever did.

Official chat: Doesn't that sound like a hoot.

Anyway, there's a bunch of us around here who use "conversations" for real-time chat, and it works about as well as anything else ever did.
By "official", I mean that the chat was linked to AK's user database, preventing someone from entering using another member's user name. Overall, its format was much less formal than a typical forum section, with conversation ranging from food, to cars, to computers, and sometimes even music. :) There was also a subscribers-only section, though I didn't see it get used much, and most talk occurred in the main chat accessible to all.

Conversations are useful, but since they're basically private messages, it'd be hard for others to know about them or participate unless they're invited. Some folks use the What Are You Listening To Right Now? - and more thread as a sort-of chat, but at nearly 650,000 posts, it's more than a bit of a slog to wade through. The official AK chat, and most of the unofficial ones I mentioned earlier, are much less unwieldy to get started in since the text field is empty when you enter. The Discord room does retain older text, but not to an obstructive degree.
-Adam

my fingers are still crossed for a official ak chat room.i dont know how many members are still around that actievely particitipated in the original chat room it'd be nice to catch up with some of them .i know i was in there almost everyday.there was you as well adam,richpa,grumpy ,whitese dave and alot of others.it use to be full and that was when ak only had a fraction of the members that we have now.one thing of having a dedicated ak chatroom is ak would have control of it again and could ban people from just the chat room if needed (remwmber that lol)

Reactions: Ski
Had a great time chatting with AdamAnt316 and Serow tonight in the AK Discord chat. I would ove to see the Discord AK chat take off. Since I'm on Discord still trying to snag an RTX 3080 I hope to spend more time in the AK chat as I am soon going to be needing advice to build my system while still absorbing the forum discussions!

Had a great time chatting with AdamAnt316 and Serow tonight in the AK Discord chat. I would ove to see the Discord AK chat take off. Since I'm on Discord still trying to snag an RTX 3080 I hope to spend more time in the AK chat as I am soon going to be needing advice to build my system while still absorbing the forum discussions!
where can i find this? gotta linnk? @AdamAnt316

Back
Top Bottom