Where is the "Report Thread" feature?

whoaru99

Epic Member
Used to be a "report thread" or maybe it was "report post" function. Anyway, seems it's gone. Was nice for quickly reporting spam.

From what I read in another post it was removed by one of the higher ups because it was difficult to monitor because it was used so much. Just passing to you what I read ~~~~Oh Well..........

Yeah, I saw that after I had posted the question. Thanks for the reply though so that others may see it.

You can send me a PM if you see something you think is a real problem. I'll take a look at it.

You can send me a PM if you see something you think is a real problem. I'll take a look at it.

If it's being used so much and it is overwhelming then I think those are real problems. I use the report thread feature primarily in Barter Town. Barter Town sorely needs a visible mod team otherwise people make up their own rules all day long and it affects the integrity of the forum and disrupts the flow of business.

For the subscription fee I expect all the forum functions to be utilized. That includes a responsive mod team that can handle the load of reported posts.

If it's being used so much and it is overwhelming then I think those are real problems. I use the report thread feature primarily in Barter Town. Barter Town sorely needs a visible mod team otherwise people make up their own rules all day long and it affects the integrity of the forum and disrupts the flow of business.

For the subscription fee I expect all the forum functions to be utilized. That includes a responsive mod team that can handle the load of reported posts.

Yah we can't have any disruption of the flow of business in Barter Town.

OK I will get Grumpy to hire some more Mods right away.

Wait ... not going to do that.

Frannie

Well one thing that Ernie said about the report button, it goes to all staffs emails so no matter who's online the responce will be quick.

Well one thing that Ernie said about the report button, it goes to all staffs emails so no matter who's online the responce will be quick.
As long as people don't click it crazily like a rat trying to get a treat in some experiment.

I know you know this 427. I am just saying for posterity.

I guess I am one of the few that thinks the Mods here don't get enough credit and that the moderation staff deserves better than this.

Frannie

I've used it several times to report spam posts (which was the point of the initial question).

Only a couple times (from memory) over the years to report member posts. I try to reserve it for really special occasions. :)

Last edited:
As long as people don't click it crazily like a rat trying to get a treat in some experiment.

I know you know this 427. I am just saying for posterity.

I guess I am one of the few that thinks the Mods here don't get enough credit and that the moderation staff deserves better than this.

Frannie

I believe that there are many more than a few that agree with you.

I've used it several times to report spam posts (which was the point of the initial question).

Only a couple times (from memory) over the years to report member posts. I try to reserve it for really special occasions. :)

Same here.

The old report post button was not gone for very long in the old software.

The "Report" link has been in place since this software was installed.

Response should be quicker on this improved feature.

Yeah, I want my $25.00 worth too! I expect a Moderator to mow my lawn once a week and wash my car every other week !

Isn't it against the rules to comment on the Mods?:yikes:
I think I am going to have to report you, Frannie!:biggrin:

If it's being used so much and it is overwhelming then I think those are real problems.

So which is it?

Should it be used in bartertown to signal an item is sold?to help moderators know when to move it to the sold thread?

Should it be used in bartertown to signal an item is sold?to help moderators know when to move it to the sold thread?
I think you are suppose to PM mods. The report function should only be used to alert mods to spamming or members abusing the forum or other members.

Frannie

Back
Top Bottom