Where it all started

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
I posted this years ago. With the flurry of work going on now, I was thinking about where it all started back in the early 2000's. We used to hang out at a place called AudioUtopia. When that site was going to be shut down, we started Audiokarma.

So how many AU guys are still around?

audioutopia.jpg

Never joined there, just lurked. Watched the meltdown, and AK rising up, even as AU was floundering.

I joined AK just as Kamakiri was passing the baton. It is neat to see his name again.

Hiya,

Interesting the date is Dec 31st 2011 in the upper corner and all the posts are from 2002 ...

YABB ... funny thing but I helped someone using that (YABB SE) a few months ago.

I was like dude ... this software was replaced with SMF back in 2004.

And he was wondering why all the spammers could post so easily.

Sigh,

Frannie

As can be seen I was there. Miss a lot of those folks. Moon just wrote me the other day. Have not heard from Thor in ages...

I hadnt ever registered or knew about that place Grumpy....

Were you the admin there too buddy??

Nope, gosh it was so many years ago, think it was a fellow named Norm who ran AU. He was a great guy ! AU was a project for him while he was out of work. Problem was once he went back to work the site was sort a falling apart. Kam had the great forethought to start Audiokarma and give us all this fantastic home. :music:

Grumpy

Wow that name is a blast from the past sir. Hey I was close lol

I didn't start enjoying audio boards until early 2005. I have met and bought a turntable from Vern (Vinlyhanger) and learned some of the early history from him.

I kind of remember the old site, joined this one in august 2002. Can't say I posted much back then or even now but the site has been really helpful in my repairs.

Back
Top Bottom