Where should you place your best Power Cord?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Hyfi, Dec 18, 2017.

1. E-Stat

E-Stat Addicted Member

What you're illustrating is the need for multiple strategies to address the different challenges posed.

Having done that, is the wife going to burst into the room asking what incredible change you just made? Certainly not, but I find there are noticeable gains to be found with a lower noise floor and improved resolution by eliminating the intermodulation of RFI components into the signal path. Closer to the "straight wire with gain" ideal.

stish and Bill Ferris like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Bill Ferris

Bill Ferris Super Member

Thank you E-Stat, and I agree.

3. DJH33

DJH33 New Member

4. E-Stat

E-Stat Addicted Member

Power cords can condition the line via both active and passive shielding.

5. Hyfi

Hyfi Addicted Member

4-2-7 and E-Stat have already nailed the questions posed. Pretty sure I even voiced my own skepticism over the same things recently brought up, all the way back to the cheesy $10 breaker.

BUT, I am pretty sure it is all about noise elimination. I am more than happy with the results I got by replacing all the PCs in my system. I also use a dedicated 20amp line for just my Audio and Video gear.

4-2-7, stish and Bill Ferris like this.
  6. armyslowrdr

armyslowrdr I don't want one..LOL

Happy to say the cables were on the table when I got up this morning having come in yesterday's mail. So he didnt send a tracking number but all's well.
    Between now and the weekend I will get them installed..looking forward to it!

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Hyfi

Hyfi Addicted Member

When I ordered my cable, he had to go out of town the day it shipped, but he emailed me to say it was on it's way with no tracking.

Please post your impressions, what cables you got and where you placed them all.

armyslowrdr likes this.
  8. armyslowrdr

armyslowrdr I don't want one..LOL

Only so much time after work last night so haven't messed with the power cords yet. I did replace the monster speaker wire with the crossover speaker cables though. The spades held tightly to the posts.
    The black sleeved cables present a much nicer appearance than the monsters. Even with no lengthy play it seemed the sound stage was a bit deeper. The sound gained another realm of clarity. On two of the tracks I could hear something around or about Fagen's vocals that I did not hear before. The other tracks sounded better than before. so as usual when an improvement is made...the best and worst of the music quality will enhance. I was listening to a Fagen solo effort on Tidal. Happy with the cables. On to the power cables when I get time. The crossovers will go on the 2 amps and the dectet box. The red copper will go on the preamp, and the gold will go on the turn table. I am not messing with the Luxman intergrated, the SACD player or the subs.......yet.

boza, Wildcat, Samac and 1 other person like this.