Where the heck are my pics going?

plan9

Hey Everybody...

i have uploaded pics three times using manage attachments at the bottom
of the post new thread page,but they do not show up in the thread. I know it is pilot error somehow but I cant figger it out.I live out in the woods and the only net available out here is dialup (the bane of my existence). Is it possible that by the time the pics upload, the page times out er whut? it tells me that i have not l logged on and wonders if I am trying to edit someones post, and that I am not authorized to be there. thru all this it tells me I "may post attachments".
Fershimmeled, thats me. could someone pleeeeze hep me out? whut in the wurld am I doing wrong?

Thanx

plan9 (pinhead)

Upload your pics using "Manage Attachments". Then once you have uploaded all of them, in your response or post, put the cursor where you want the attachment and use the paperclip with the down arrow button to select which attachment. You highlight the one you want with the mouse and it gets inserted. Keep going till you got them all.

ETA: they may just show up in a bottom window. I was thinking of hyperlinked pics like Photobucket, which many of us use to save attachment space on the server.

Last edited:
I guess not gearhead, I apologize for the snippy reply, thank-you
scorpion8: I dont know what is going on but i immediately tried to quick reply your response and was told i had to log on, does anyone know why i keep getting booted, is it my breath?

I live in the woods, all that is available out here is dialup. Not really a propeller head so I dont know if cookies are enabled, I think so. I am not sure where to check. I wasnt kidding when i said i was a pinhead. i'll ask the computer guy at work tomorrow (yea, i gotta work saturdays). is dialup going to be a big problem as far as pics go?
my wife is calling me to bed, I will try and check back with you guys at work tomorrow, thanx a million for your help i truly appreciate it...

plan9

Cookies are usually enabled by default.
(Plan 9 from Outer Space?)
After you click "upload pics" or whatever it says, you have to wait a while, especially with dialup.
Also, make make sure your pics don't exceed the max dimensions or size, or they WILL go into space.

Back
Top Bottom