Where to buy audio component "feet" ?

Re: NHL Coasters

Originally posted by Rob
Yeah pucks! :)

I'll bet they would do whatever the ShunMook discs do better too, but only if you believe.

Wrong! Hockey pucks make for very poor resonators. And the Shun Mook discs were NEVER meant to be used UNDER audio components!

You still can't let this one drop, can you, Rob? ;)

Re: Re: Dense Hardwood

Originally posted by Jack G
I agree with MikE's suggestion. dense hardwood work well. Ebony is the wood of choice in the Far East. Maple works well too.

I took the organic approach to the problem as well. My Spec1 is now sitting on custom hand sawed 1" by 1/2" Maple feet, courtesy of my local Home Depot. This has leveled and aligned the faceplate with the face of my Spec4 very nicely. As an added benefit, I have noted that the frequency response is now much flatter..along with the whole preamp. Before, when the pre was at a "tilt" the highs would project to the ceiling of my listening room. There were quite pronounced "peaks" in the music, especially on my "Climb Every Mountain" CD..but the feet flattened this right out too.

I do like the look of the NHL AudioCoasters though. Do you suppose that if I try a set it would improve things more or will it just "puck" things up again??

:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom