Where to find stands like this

I saw these on ebay a while ago. Not an exact match.
They are amplifier stands, so more sturdy. Inexpensive too!

Attachments

• s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 42
Check out the "DIY" site, and use the "search". I'll bet that you might be able to get some plans in there, or do a google and obtain some ideas for a build. I built some wedges for smaller speakers quite a while back the worked out not bad.

Not sure if the design of those tubes in your shared photo may be the best, unless there's some rubber/felt to absorb any vibes from the speakers.

Q

Check out the "DIY" site, and use the "search". I'll bet that you might be able to get some plans in there, or do a google and obtain some ideas for a build. I built some wedges for smaller speakers quite a while back the worked out not bad.

Not sure if the design of those tubes in your shared photo may not be the best, unless there's some rubber/felt to absorb any vibes from the speakers.

Q

Or ask here for purchasing suggestions! :)

Just checked g, and there's loads of sites wherein you might see one that you want to build to suit your needs, and save a bunch in the long run.

Check out "Best 25+ speaker stand ideas" on "Pinterest". It's a start with lots of designs/materials/shapes to view.

Q

The stands in this CL ad (sorry, I know CL ads are frowned upon outside of the dollars and sense forum, but I just want to know where one can find stands like this.... short and squat and with a tilt). Can't seem to find anything on the Best Buy or Walmart sites, or even Parts Express.

https://madison.craigslist.org/hsh/d/psb-400-audio-speakers/6419291657.html

Thanks in advance.

You mean these?

2b4da2f8d6cd7258b90127299aa8f314.jpg

Or these?

649355607_large_ebdfa6d1a0ecc710ef25c84365f82b7d.jpg

Maybe these?

6708673831427459636.jpg

They originally came from here -

Ikea_logo.png

Thanks for posting your pics, soundmotor. I snagged a pair of these today. They're called IKEA Kompass, apparently.
Not sure I would have recognized them for what they are if I hadn't seen this thread recently.

Search eBay for A&M speaker stands and give a browse to Deer Creek Audio speaker stands. The Deer Creek ones are targeted to specific speakers but would work if similar size.

Thread is interesting to me because I have a pair. Anyway the bottom where you set the speaker is 8 inches wide. The back part is 13 inches from floor.
Not big.
They are sturdy enough to maybe 50-60 lbs. But might be really tippy. They do dig into the carpet, if you move them there is impression. I've had speakers fall over so that makes a difference and is good thing.

Interesting . I wonder how much weight it will support?

I had a set of Scott S-196s on them. Those were nearly ADS L980 sized (not as deep). They had to weigh at least ~45 lbs.

Once the speakers were planted and balanced on them they were quite stable.

I’ve gotten a few pair off of CL. They’re pretty stable and will hold a good amount of speakers. Had a pair of KLH 23s for a couple months. Worked and sounded great.
They’re great for shipping. They don’t weigh much, AND they fold flat! They’re made out of steel metal bars.
I know this is an old thread, but we love floor standers:rockon:. So we love speaker stands.
Bought a pair of really weak Sansui speakers. But the speaker stands that came with were what we really after. We paid $30 for the speakers and stands.
7D6865A4-6E9D-447E-9320-F6D711E67BEA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom