Where to go

What seminars do you recommend?
Places to eat?
Me and a buddy will be traveling up there, probably bunking with JBN.
So if you have any good remarks about JBN let me know, will make the parents decision easier. By the way, we're 17 and 19 coming up, and the hotels are too expensive. :thmbsp:

Really excited. Might be the only time I get to go for 4 years or so with college.
by the way not "with" JBN, but couch, since for a kid about to go to college that hotel is expensive. (JustBuyNew), by the way I need anything good about this, because I'm psyched to go and a place to stay is my only hurdle

I just have to sell the whole "these guys arent creepy murderers", even though Im sure I can handle myself.

Wanna come up and listen to some of the good music since Im only 3 hours away. Down here all you get is some rap and straight hillbilly country

Last edited:
Tons of places to eat near bye can be found in the local guide section http://www.akfest.com/local_guide.html Personally I am usually too darn tired to leave the hotel during the fest and eat the burger in the hotels restaurant. Its pretty darn good for about 9 bucks.

I do want to point out that for the 100 room rate at the fest hotel you get a full free breakfast. Not some coffee and a donut junk but full all you can eat breakfast buffet. Also in the evening they have a reception that includes free drinks ( for those of drinking age ) and snacks. When ya take this in account 100 bucks is a bargain rate in my opinion.

As for staying with Tom thats something you may never live down...

I just have to sell the whole "these guys arent creepy murderers", even though Im sure I can handle myself.

Tom's never killed anyone that I know of. I'm pretty sure he would have told me about it. He is kinda creepy though. :D

Have a safe trip up, see you next week. :yes:

I know 100 bucks a day isnt bad. But for a 17 year old about to go to college, I was only planning on spending 150$ at the most :). Maybe a little more, its not that I dont think its a good deal, but all my money goes towards car/college, and this little trip

I'd really like to make this my own road trip, but one of my parents might come up, probably not hit up the convention, but at least chill in the hotel. that's LAST resort, anyone in case recommend hotels nearby?

Most of the hotels in the area are about the same rate. If you need a cheaper rate try one of the hotel sites such as hotels.com. Be sure to ask a question if you do not know the area.

Have you called to confirm there is no double beds ? I have not and noticed there was a cancellation or two. Who knows you may get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom