Where's the REAL football thread?

spaceman

Registered Lunatic
As opposed to the Fantasy football thread, I mean. :scratch2: :D It seems the Seahawks are getting ready to start their season, so I guess I better get ready to root. I just hope my rooting helps them, rather than jinxing them like I did the Mariners in baseball. ;)

I hope the 49ers whip the tar out of the Packers at Lambeau today. SF is my Super Bowl pick this year. Randy Moss is already showing his worth.

Robert Griffin lll looked amazing today in his pro debut with the Redskins. I like how he plays the game better than how Cam Newton did last year. He's the real thing.

Last edited:
Our young Russell Wilson is struggling a little from inexperience, but not doing TOO bad. :no: It's tied 13-13 in the 3rd quarter, so still anyone's game. I saw a clip of that 49er field goal. :thmbsp:

I hope the 49ers whip the tar out of the Packers at Lambeau today. SF is my Super Bowl pick this year. Randy Moss is already show
ing his worth.

Yep, Pack's driving now, but SF has been the better team so far. They seem to be more fired up.
Packers still have issues on defense.

Robert Griffin lll looked amazing today in his pro debut with the Redskins. He's the real thing.

:yes: he appears to have all the weapons he needs to be a superstar. Only one bad pass all game. His numbers would of been even better if they played like they needed points to win in the last quarter.

Well, we lost, 20-16, but it wasn't really Wilson's fault. He threw at least a half a dozen passes that SHOULD have been caught, & a few more iffy ones, all in the last 5 minutes, but noone caught them. :dunno: :sigh:

Lions win .....I'll take it !

Some say it was ugly,and the interceptions by Stafford ( 32 of 48 for 355 yds..... just sayin..: ) were ugly,no doubt.
But,the last quarter summed it all up for me.Fisher manages Bradford and the Rams' plays to burn up a bunch of time.Result,field goal.
With two minutes left Stafford and the Lions use 9 plays to go 80 yards,ending in a 5-yard game-winning touchdown reception by Kevin Smith,... in 1 minute and 45 seconds.
The Lions defense recorded three sacks and seven quarterback hits.
Suh tackled Steven Jackson with one hand....:yes: and had a sack.
Second quarter....Rams 3rd-n-5 at Detroit's 6-yard line,Nick Fairley...:smoke:... sacks Bradford. :D

Yeah yeah,I know, it was only St.Louis.....

:music:

Hopefully they can't fix 'em by Thursday.

I doubt they can, but maybe the offense will wake up by then. FWIW, the 49ers played an excellent game. They certainly are a very serious contender in the NFC.

The Texans vs who??

I wasted time watching the Texans and Jags. Guess I missed this one...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-fast-start-to-easy-win-over-tennessee-titans

"Arian Foster, Houston Texans ride fast start to easy win over Tennessee Titans
Associated Press
Published: Sept. 16, 2012 at 07:02 p.m. Updated: Sept. 16, 2012 at 08:34 p.m. 2 Likes | 8 Comments
Email Print
Read Discuss
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- All those boos last week just seem silly now.

No sluggish start. No moments of concern. No need for a barrage of turnovers to get going."

The Houston Texans dominated AFC South rival Jacksonville from start to finish and in every phase Sunday.

The Detroit Lions are going toe to toe with the 49ers on the road, and hanging in there pretty good so far (3rd quarter). Intriguing game.

Is anyone else ready for the real refs to come back?
I found Monday night's game painful to watch. There were two quarterbacks that like to go no-huddle having to wait for the officials almost every down. Pretty hard to get into a rhythm when the guys in stripes are huddled looking at their cheat sheets and scratching their heads.

It's probably a boon for the owners though. Think of all the extra concession revenue with the increased length of this season's games.:scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom