Where's the REAL football thread?

original.gif

Have I got this right? The head coaches of the Niners and the Ravens are brothers? Has that ever occured before in Superbowl??? Proudest folks in the country now would be their parents one thinks...

Have I got this right? The head coaches of the Niners and the Ravens are brothers? Has that ever occured before in Superbowl??? Proudest folks in the country now would be their parents one thinks...
In American Football it is.
Per the huffington post"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/20/super-bowl-xlvii-49ers-ravens-harbaugh_n_2517457.html
That two road teams won during the NFL's Championship Weekend is remarkable enough (and last happened in 1997), but to have each of those teams coached by brothers ensures that you'll be hearing a lot about the Harbaugh family for the next two weeks.
Who's a parent to cheer for?
During the 2011 regular season, the Harbaughs became the only brothers to coach against each other in any NFL game (the Ravens beat the 49ers 16-6 on Thanksgiving Day that year).
Now they'll be squaring off with a championship at stake in a Super Bowl filled with firsts – and one truly significant last.
It will be the first one between coaching brothers, of course.

I wish Ray Lewis and his blubbering, sniveling, manic drama queen act wasn't commanding so much camera time. It seems that if there was one cat who might have done well to maintain a low profile and just play the game, it would have been him. The Gene, Gene the Dancing Machine act should have been gonged out of the box too.

Last edited:
I wish Ray Lewis and his blubbering, sniveling, manic drama queen act wasn't commanding so much camera time. It seems that if there was once cat who might have done well to maintain a low profile and just play the game, it would have been him. The Gene, Gene the Dancing Machine act should have been gonged out of the box too.

It's all in your point of view :smoke:

I wish Ray Lewis and his blubbering, sniveling, manic drama queen act wasn't commanding so much camera time. It seems that if there was once cat who might have done well to maintain a low profile and just play the game, it would have been him. The Gene, Gene the Dancing Machine act should have been gonged out of the box too.

Media whore.. did everyone forget that he murdered someone?? I guess all is forgotten.

Like him or not, Ray Lewis' return to the active roster after his injury brought a lot of leadership into the Ravens' locker room. Tom Jackson and Brian Billick from ESPN, among others, have said that he's the most effective leader they have ever seen in sports.

Does his schtick get old? Yes. As for the murder charge, it was dropped in exchange for his testimony against his accomplices and a guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice. FWIW, both of his accomplices were acquitted for reasons of self-defense. Was he in the wrong place at the wrong time? Yes. Was he a murderer? The criminal justice system said no.

Even if he played for a team I liked I would still find his schtick low class and annoying.

I'd guess your boy Ben didn't since he hired Ray's lawyer when he was in trouble.

Ben wasn't guilty just some dumb gash trying to take his money..why would you compare them???

Lewis KILLED someone!hes got blood on his hands:nono:how did this piece of sh*it even get out of bed..

How do the loved ones of the victims feel

Priscilla Lollar still doesn't believe her son is dead.

Any day now, she hopes he might finally return from Atlanta, walking through the door of her home in Akron, Ohio, as if nothing happened on the morning of Jan. 31, 2000.

"If I truly accept that he's not coming back ... " says Lollar, her voice trailing off. "I don't discuss him in the past. I don't really acknowledge anything."

Deep down, she knows he's gone. She knows it every time she turns on the television and sees Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis — a reminder that her son, Richard, has been dead for 13 years, stabbed to death outside a nightclub in Atlanta, along with his friend from Akron, Jacinth Baker.

Their murders remain unsolved. But as the anniversary of their deaths approaches —and as Lewis dances into the sunset of his NFL career — the victims' relatives are still seething at him. While Priscilla Lollar says she's "numb" to Lewis, others want answers. And justice.

"My nephew was brutally beaten and murdered and nobody is paying for it," Baker's uncle, Greg Wilson, told USA TODAY Sports. "Everything is so fresh in our mind, it's just like it happened yesterday. We'll never forget

Like him or not, Ray Lewis' return to the active roster after his injury brought a lot of leadership into the Ravens' locker room. Tom Jackson and Brian Billick from ESPN, among others, have said that he's the most effective leader they have ever seen in sports.

Does his schtick get old? Yes. As for the murder charge, it was dropped in exchange for his testimony against his accomplices and a guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice. FWIW, both of his accomplices were acquitted for reasons of self-defense. Was he in the wrong place at the wrong time? Yes. Was he a murderer? The criminal justice system said no.

I, for one, am not emotionally involved in the mans personal life or legal situation. I liked watching him play before he got old and went into decline. He's trying too hard to be "larger than life", and that's an absurd thing for a grown man to do, in any profession.

After watching Flacco last week and last night I have new found respect for the guy. And this is coming from a Patriots fan.

Who else likes that dumb commercial they keep playing, where the fan is giving the 49ers a pep talk, in their locker room? :D I thought it was kinda stupid, the first time they played it a few weeks ago, and I "should" be sick of it by now, especially the way they over-played it yesterday, but for some reason, I still like it. :D

Back
Top Bottom