Where's the REAL football thread?

Ray Lewis doesn't do what he does for attention. He honestly feels like a warrior when he goes to battle. It's what works for him and the rest of the team. Absolutely zero of it is to seek attention. Everyone has their methods to become mentally prepared...Some are silent picturing dead babies and hell around them to prepare their fury. Ray Lewis is loud and animated...it's football lol. To think everyone should act the same is ridiculous. He's the best middle linebacker ever to step on an NFL field, I wouldn't change what's working for me either. Absolutely nothing he does is a distraction from the team's goals. Damn I really wish he played for my team....so do you.

Who else likes that dumb commercial they keep playing, where the fan is giving the 49ers a pep talk, in their locker room? :D I thought it was kinda stupid, the first time they played it a few weeks ago, and I "should" be sick of it by now, especially the way they over-played it yesterday, but for some reason, I still like it. :D

Its funny when he hugs Patrick Willis haha

Ray Lewis doesn't do what he does for attention. He honestly feels like a warrior when he goes to battle. It's what works for him and the rest of the team. Absolutely zero of it is to seek attention. Everyone has their methods to become mentally prepared...Some are silent picturing dead babies and hell around them to prepare their fury. Ray Lewis is loud and animated...it's football lol. To think everyone should act the same is ridiculous. He's the best middle linebacker ever to step on an NFL field, I wouldn't change what's working for me either. Absolutely nothing he does is a distraction from the team's goals. Damn I really wish he played for my team....so do you.

The best really???don't think so
Lanier
Dick butkus
Jack ham
jack lambert
Lawrence taylor
Seau
nischke

butkus_display_image.gif

Lambert.jpg

singletary

Last edited:
The best really???don't think so
Lanier
Dick butkus
Jack ham
jack lambert
Lawrence taylor
Seau
nischke
singletary

Lewis was probably a more complete package than any of those listed above. His accolades were quite something, even if it's impossible for a Steelers fan to acknowledge - 13-time Pro Bowler, seven-time first-team all pro and two-time NFL defensive player of the year.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20..._1_ray-lewis-middle-linebacker-ravens-uniform

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/15/ravens-lewis-best-linebackers/1635183/

Lewis was probably a more complete package than any of those listed above. His accolades were quite something, even if it's impossible for a Steelers fan to acknowledge - 13-time Pro Bowler, seven-time first-team all pro and two-time NFL defensive player of the year.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20..._1_ray-lewis-middle-linebacker-ravens-uniform

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/15/ravens-lewis-best-linebackers/1635183/

That's your opinion

Butkus not only could he have played in the modern era, he probably would have dominated. His upper body strength, his agility and football smarts were scary.

Last edited:
Ben wasn't guilty just some dumb gash trying to take his money..why would you compare them???

Lewis KILLED someone!hes got blood on his hands:nono:how did this piece of sh*it even get out of bed..

How do the loved ones of the victims feel

Priscilla Lollar still doesn't believe her son is dead.

Any day now, she hopes he might finally return from Atlanta, walking through the door of her home in Akron, Ohio, as if nothing happened on the morning of Jan. 31, 2000.

"If I truly accept that he's not coming back ... " says Lollar, her voice trailing off. "I don't discuss him in the past. I don't really acknowledge anything."

Deep down, she knows he's gone. She knows it every time she turns on the television and sees Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis — a reminder that her son, Richard, has been dead for 13 years, stabbed to death outside a nightclub in Atlanta, along with his friend from Akron, Jacinth Baker.

Their murders remain unsolved. But as the anniversary of their deaths approaches —and as Lewis dances into the sunset of his NFL career — the victims' relatives are still seething at him. While Priscilla Lollar says she's "numb" to Lewis, others want answers. And justice.

"My nephew was brutally beaten and murdered and nobody is paying for it," Baker's uncle, Greg Wilson, told USA TODAY Sports. "Everything is so fresh in our mind, it's just like it happened yesterday. We'll never forget

Wasnt Ben in that same situation TWICE?Lewis seems to have turned his life around,while Ben....I dunno.And repeatedly using the phrase "dumb gash" makes me question where you are coming from on this.
Jimmy

That's your opinion

Butkus not only could he have played in the modern era, he probably would have dominated. His upper body strength, his agility and football smarts were scary.

No. The accolades were from the league and the articles were from sportswriters.

Wasnt Ben in that same situation TWICE?Lewis seems to have turned his life around,while Ben....I dunno.And repeatedly using the phrase "dumb gash" makes me question where you are coming from on this.
Jimmy

Ben has turned his life around he got married got his college degree and had his first child

Pro bowls mean nothing. The so call "all star" game is a joke in every sport. It is nothing more than a popularity contest and great players are often overlooked.

I've been watching pro football for nearly fifty years, and it has never occurred to me that Ray Lewis might be the best ever at his position. He has been tough and durable, and he has played at a high level when healthy. The Babe Ruth of linebackers? Eh, no.

I've been watching pro football for nearly fifty years, and it has never occurred to me that Ray Lewis might be the best ever at his position. He has been tough and durable, and he has played at a high level when healthy. The Babe Ruth of linebackers? Eh, no.

Well it is arguable whether he's the single best but it's not arguable to consider him in the same breath as the best group of them ever IMO....but argue away :)

Football is tough to look at the past because it is undisputed that players are bigger, stronger, and faster today as a whole...also the rules and style of gameplay are completely different...especially with the hits on qb's and rb's. I'm amazed how many years some qbs played in the past when a defensive end could knock their head clean off their body practically when they were wearing a single bar facemask lol

Last edited:
Surprised there wasn't more of a stink about the Ridley "fumble". There he was, knocked cold and unconscious, with medical staff trying to fend off the big eaters as they scrambled and clawed for the ball in a pileup a couple feet away. Even Mr Clean (Tom Brady) is being accused of kicking someone in the scrum - only lower - as it dragged on.

NFL is so big on protecting players lately ... what they need now is a nuclear option ... maybe one of those freon horns. If you hear that on the field, everybody just freezes or is immediately thrown out of the game.

Question.

Since I don't follow the sportscasters/tabloid discussions of sports teams, I'm curious as to why some folks have made snide comments about this being a "Harbaugh Bowl". Is there some particular reason, or is it just a dislike for the two teams?

I could understand it if it was the Mannings or something like that.

Question.

Since I don't follow the sportscasters/tabloid discussions of sports teams, I'm curious as to why some folks have made snide comments about this being a "Harbaugh Bowl". Is there some particular reason, or is it just a dislike for the two teams?

I could understand it if it was the Mannings or something like that.

I don't follow that stuff either. Most of those folk don't have a clue what to think in the first place, and/or they try to influence public opinion with wishful thinking put on paper (so to speak). ;) In my case, where I said something like that earlier in this thread, the only meaning was the obvious one, that 2 Harbaughs would be coaching against each other. :)

I don't follow that stuff either. Most of those folk don't have a clue what to think in the first place, and/or they try to influence public opinion with wishful thinking put on paper (so to speak). ;) In my case, where I said something like that earlier in this thread, the only meaning was the obvious one, that 2 Harbaughs would be coaching against each other. :)

Exactly

Though I find it remarkable that two brothers will be coaching against each other in the game, it's about football for me, not the petty drama queen sidebar stories that the media leads the weak minded around by the nose with (Manning, Harbaugh, Ray Lewis, etc).

Though I find it remarkable that two brothers will be coaching against each other in the game, it's about football for me, not the petty drama queen sidebar stories that the media leads the weak minded around by the nose with (Manning, Harbaugh, Ray Lewis, etc).

Then why do you even respond to such as "weak-minded" question?

Back
Top Bottom