Where's the REAL NHL Thread?

I agree, too, but it brings up my feelings on the NHL's wishy-washy discipline style.

What Thorton did was bad, and he deserves a big suspension. Doesn't matter if he was stand-up player in the past, what he did was bad.

But what Neal did was also bad, and he deserved more. But because of who he did it to, and the end result(no injury), he only gets five games. It should have been more, a lot more. The league talks out one side of its mouth about addressing head shot issues, and then does little about it.

I feel for Shanahan, I think he has the toughest job in the league.

In related news, the Oilers play the Bruins tonight. I hope they don't get absolutely plastered.:D

Anybody watch the Vancouver/Calgary game this weekend?
I missed it, but what a meat head festival, coaches included.

Oh, and the hermit owner of my team wrote an open letter to the fans, asking for patience.
Mr. Katz, from the bottom of my black heart, I don't care.:D
It might also be time to stop standing up at the draft, with your kid it tow, beaming with happiness about ANOTHER high first round pick. Just stay home this year. Seriously.

CBJ get killed initially after trading Nash. Now they are the last seed in the wildcard. 7-1 in the last 8.

It's a long shot. They certainly are not the team they were last year. Terrible trades.

Glad to see Torts turning that team around. That was a fantastic coach swap. Both teams benefited greatly.

I don't know. The Canucks are barely in a playoff spot, and are 2-5-3 in the their last ten games.
I guess time will tell if his recent antics light a fire under them, or will they just be a distraction that makes things worse?
I bet they'll be fire up to run over the Oilers tonight. Nothing new there, though.:lmao:

Vancouver has real problems. Luongo for one is the biggest dbag in all of hockey. His 64M contract was one of the biggest f-ups in NHL history. For one, he has been consistently subpar throughout his entire career. He is also a distraction with his drama and antics, and his contract creates salary cap concerns. For that kind of money, you should get a Marty Brodeur, a player with consistent greatness and no character issues besides good. Add to that Burrows and Kesler, and you have the biggest trio of whiners in all of hockey. I won't even bring up their fans. I think Tortorella was smartly brought in to right that ship and get those attitudes in check, as he would not stand for a second of it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm no fan of him, but some of those guys needed a coach with a harder edge.

I'm also seeing how the new alignment isn't doing them any favours. The difference between the soft division they were in, and playing more games against those Cali teams is pretty obvious.

I wouldn't be too hard on their fans. They're allowed to be arrogant, what with all those cups over the years.:D
I kid. My team has been in the high 20s(or 30th) forever. I can take it as well as I can give it.:yes:

Man, two participants in this thread banned within one week? I guess hockey fans are a little too quick to "put on the foil" .:D

I have no idea what the deal is with letting a fight happen or stopping it.
They both wanted to go, but they stop it? Emery wants to beat up an unwilling goalie, so they let it happen?
Did you notice Fleury undo his jersey tie-down? Looked like he just wanted to hit the showers early.:D

Why did Chas get banned?

Take a look at his last post. You could see it coming(same thing for raynie), but he kinda went "all in" with his comments about a mod.

Some of this fighting is getting way out of hand. I am ok with a good punch-up but this hitting from behind and 3rd man in crap is ruining the game. They will change the rules if it keeps up.

Big boost coming for my team Saturday I hope. Looks like Stamkos is going to use the game against Detroit as a tune up for the Olympics. I wonder if Babcock will tell his guys to take it easy on Stamkos considering he is Team Canada's coach :)

Good think for me is we are doing rink of dreams before the game and because of that I have good tickets. FWIW rink of dreams is where local teams get to play in the forum before the game and get announcers and the full treatment. Nothing like hearing the horn go off and your name announced when you score LOL

Big boost coming for my team Saturday I hope. Looks like Stamkos is going to use the game against Detroit as a tune up for the Olympics. I wonder if Babcock will tell his guys to take it easy on Stamkos considering he is Team Canada's coach :)

Good think for me is we are doing rink of dreams before the game and because of that I have good tickets. FWIW rink of dreams is where local teams get to play in the forum before the game and get announcers and the full treatment. Nothing like hearing the horn go off and your name announced when you score LOL

Cool!
They sometimes let kids play during the intermissions here.

And fingers crossed on Stamkos. A pretty serious hole if he can't make it to Sochi. Can't wait for that to start. This year has been just brutal to be a fan here. Hopefully Canada plays like they did in Salt Lake City and Vancouver, and NOT like Turin and Nagano.:D

It is cool. We play like 5 hours before the real game so there are usually no people in the stands except a few wives and girlfriends. We tailgate after and are usually in pretty good shape for puck drop LOL.

Stamkos said today he is feeling great and fully intends to play for Team Canada so that should be cool. I think Canada has a good shot but I think the Fin's are going to be strong and a team to watch out for.

It is cool. We play like 5 hours before the real game so there are usually no people in the stands except a few wives and girlfriends. We tailgate after and are usually in pretty good shape for puck drop LOL.

Stamkos said today he is feeling great and fully intends to play for Team Canada so that should be cool. I think Canada has a good shot but I think the Fin's are going to be strong and a team to watch out for.

Stamkos is out, St. Louis is in.

I have no idea who is going to win, it's such a short tournament. Picking what teams gel, and what teams hit the ditch, is a crap shoot. I think all of the usual suspects have a chance. Really looking forward to it, that's for sure.
Looking forward to the Canada/USA women's games, too.

I watched the last USA/Canada Olympic hockey game from Capt. Tony's in Key West. I'm going to miss that this year.

My dark horse is Finland to Gold and Sweden to Bronze and either Russia or Canada taking silver.

St Louis is in but I doubt he will see much ice time. If I was him I would have told them to stick it.

St Louis is in but I doubt he will see much ice time. If I was him I would have told them to stick it.

Who knows? Babcock will shuffle the deck in a hurry if somebody isn't going well. He did it in 2010.

in the '50's your average nhl forward could kick the ass of a nfl lineman or he'd sit on the bench.

discuss.

green bay (y. a. tittle) was my nfl team and detriot was my hockey team and still is, even though montreal ruled.

Were scraps between NHL forwards and NFL linemen the norm in the 50s?:D

They were tough back in the day, for sure. I had a coach who had a cup of coffee during the original six days, and he was still tough as nails well into his 50s. Probably still is.

Back
Top Bottom