Which air wrench to buy?

I saw that about the coolant neck - so it came off with the head and will go back on with it. Luckily no turbo here. Though driving one would be fun. I used to have a 760 Turbo. The only to really uncooperative bolts I had so far were the two attaching the heat shield to the header pipe. So far the job it pretty strait forward. Though it's been a long time since I've pulled a head and this engine is a whole different animal. And then there's the valves. About half are smushed. Never done valves before - at all. My timeline is spring though so I can figure out what I'm doing.

Don't waste your money on a cheap one; I did, and it takes about 200PSI to make the thing work.

My suggestion, is to get a DeWalt battery-operated 1/2" impact wrench. Might be the greatest invention since the bottle opener! I don't own one yet, but I used one, and I'll tell you it works better than the best professional air impact wrenches I've ever handled. They use the same 18-volt packs as the other higher-end DeWalt tools. If you already have an 18-volt DeWalt tool, just get the impact wrench new without batteries on eBay for around $150. (They're around $300 in the store for a complete kit with charger, batteries and case).

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-DEWAL...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a53bb3e11 (no affiliation with eBay item; posted for illustration purposes only)

Charles

Back
Top Bottom