• Poll closed .

Negotiableterms

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Subscriber
This poll arises from the thread "AK Speaker Favorites":
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54982

The poll has 20 speakers sets to choose from, and so comes in TWO (2) parts. This is the first part, and the second part follows.

PLEASE VOTE IN BOTH PARTS!

NB: The poll is NOT scientific, and does not contain any form of endorsement for any make or model of speaker, by anyone. In particular, AK itself expresses no opinion of any kind, and makes no such endorsement, express or implied.

Please read the thread (above) for descriptions of how the list of 20 speakers arose and how its contents were limited.

This is Only the Primary!

IF YOU VOTED HERE, BUT NOT IN THE OTHER HALF POLL, PLEASE VOTE THERE TOO.

There will be a final runoff when these two primary polls close.

Will everyone who voted in poll #2 make sure you voted here too, please? There will be a runoff after these two polls close.

I'm amazed the AR9 club hasn't gotten together the way the HPM100 club has. Hmmm...

As of tonight, 107 folk voted in poll#2, and only 86 here. That means 21 folk should be voting over here.

This is doing great things for my post count, but I'm sounding like a broken record!

Vote Early and Often!

OK, the poll is slowing down, and we're just waiting till 1/31 when it closes. At present the standings for the runoff are:

32 - HPM100
22 - JBL L100/300
22 - Jarge Advents
16 - AR-9
12 - Infinity RS/Kappa
12 - Klipsch Heresy Series
12 - Magnepan MG Series
11 - Altec 604
10 - Dahlquist DQ-10

After this there are a bunch of low numbers.

The two half-polls still don't show equal votes, so someone messed up! Come on back and vote if it will let you.

Closed, and No Winner Declared

Well... reluctantly, I'm declaring the poll a dud. Reason? Too many votes were incomplete.

The front-runner had 35 votes, runner up had 23. That's 12 votes apart.
But, poll #1 had 106 votes, while #2 had 129. Since you were supposed to vote in both halves, that's 23 known errors, at minimum.

Because the errors are more than enough to swing the results, it's a dud!

And, yes, there is widespread knowledge that the "HPM-100 Club" conducted an extensive campaign when none of the others did, so their lead is suspicious. Oh well... the lesson is to keep your polls SIMPLE!

Back
Top Bottom