• Poll closed .

Negotiableterms

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Subscriber
This poll arises from the thread "AK Speaker Favorites":
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54982

The poll has 20 speakers sets to choose from, and so comes in TWO (2) parts. This is the second part, and the first part is the preceding poll-thread.

PLEASE VOTE IN BOTH PARTS!

NB: The poll is NOT scientific, and does not contain any form of endorsement for any make or model of speaker, by anyone. In particular, AK itself expresses no opinion of any kind, and makes no such endorsement, express or implied.

Please read the thread (above) for descriptions of how the list of 20 speakers arose and how its contents were limited.

This is Only the Primary!

IF YOU VOTED HERE, BUT NOT IN THE OTHER HALF POLL, PLEASE VOTE THERE TOO.

There will be a final runoff when these two primary polls close.

Gonna have to pass on this one. I've never heard any of these speakers (hanging my head in shame). I'm am trying to acquire the Pioneer HPM 100s though!!??

:lurk:

I either have not heard or do not respect any of the listed speakers. Sorry, no vote.

I would have voted for the QUAD ESL (1957) if it had been a choice. It seemed when I viewed the previous poll asking about favorite loudspeakers that the original QUAD ESL received as many votes as the later 63 model.

Last edited:
tcdriver said:
I would have voted for the QUAD ESL (1957) if it had been a choice. It seemed when I viewed the previous poll asking about favorite loudspeakers that the original QUAD ESL received as many votes as the later 63 model.
I agree, IMHO the ESL57 deserves to be counted. It's a most amazing speaker indeed. :thmbsp:

ESL 57! My write in vote.
Probably, and with good cause, the most respected speaker ever. Not perhaps the most loved -- I doubt if headbangers can really get worked up about them -- but what other speaker was in production so long, and maintained its reputation as the best in any area?

I voted in Poll I for the one speaker I thought deserved the award.
Tom

Last edited:
Vote Early and Often!

OK, the poll is slowing down, and we're just waiting till 1/31 when it closes. At present the standings for the runoff are:

32 - HPM100
22 - JBL L100/300
22 - Jarge Advents
16 - AR-9
12 - Infinity RS/Kappa
12 - Klipsch Heresy Series
12 - Magnepan MG Series
11 - Altec 604
10 - Dahlquist DQ-10

After this there are a bunch of low numbers.

The two half-polls still don't show equal votes, so someone messed up! Come on back and vote if it will let you.

Closed, and No Winner Declared

Well... reluctantly, I'm declaring the poll a dud. Reason? Too many votes were incomplete.

The front-runner had 35 votes, runner up had 23. That's 12 votes apart.
But, poll #1 had 106 votes, while #2 had 129. Since you were supposed to vote in both halves, that's 23 known errors, at minimum.

Because the errors are more than enough to swing the results, it's a dud!

And, yes, there is widespread knowledge that the "HPM-100 Club" conducted an extensive campaign when none of the others did, so their lead is suspicious. Oh well... the lesson is to keep your polls SIMPLE!

Sorry. I am a Pioneer fan. BUT!!!

I recently heard a set of restored Bose 901's.

WOW. That's all I can say.

ukfan4sure! said:
Sorry. I am a Pioneer fan. BUT!!!

I recently heard a set of restored Bose 901's.

WOW. That's all I can say.

Which 901's? I had some Series II's which I never took the covers off but Im sure needed re-foaming but threw them back in the pond and got 100's which I think are great all around speakers- the Bose were sorely lacking but it was probably due to needing work. I was using the EQ also.

Gentlemen-

This is just a suggestion:

Because this poll is closed, very few people will read anything you post here. If you'd like a discussion to start (a great idea!) you'd do better to start a thread over in the speaker forums.

OTOH, you're absolutely welcome to continue here!

HPM-100 of those listed already. Otherwise, HPM-900's. If you're going to count only the ones that can stand on their own. If separate Subwoofage is allowed, then it's any of the Carver Plats. As long as you have a couple of Kilowatts to drive 'em with.....

Back
Top Bottom