Which CD player

Zackh2o

I am restoring a Marantz 2330b receiver. Purchasing Klipsch cornwall speakers, I want to add a CD player to match those two components. I have a budget of around $1000, prefer 5 disc player. I have no internet to speak of, so can't stream. This is second house so no turntable, album collection is at my primary home.

Interesting question. It's been my experience that disc changers aren't generally as good as single disc players. Of the 5 disc players I've owned, the NAD 572 V was the best. If you're primarily after convenience, you might think about one of the Sony 300 disc changers.

I'd think your budget would allow you to get a very nice player. I think I'd recommend new or at least not very old. Probably should post on Bartertown and see what pops up. Then you can research to see about the quality.

Since you have vintage receiver and speakers, you might think about a vintage Phillips or Marantz player. I have a heavily modified Marantz CD-67SE that I really like. They're easy to modify and upgrade - I can send you my notes if you're interested. Plus you can find replacement lasers. If you do a bit of research you'll find some Phillips players that are highly desirable. Phillips owned Marantz at that point (I believe) and many/most parts are interchangeable. There's a "dutch classics" website that has tons of information.

Sorry I can't be more helpful with a specific recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom