Which Do You Prefer, Black or Silver?

SubWolfer

I was wondering what most choose when offered the choice of a black or silver component. I see a lot of audio equpiment that gives the prospective customer an option of silver or black (although sometimes its just the face plate that's offered in silver or black). I realize its a personal decision, but given the choice, which do you prefer and why?

Example:

BLACK Cary SLP-05 preamp

SILVER Cary SLP-05 preamp

Wood. Seriously. It would be wood, if I had a say. Wooden knobs, everything.

Okay, silver.

it would kinda depend on my other components,but that being said the silver would be my choice if there was nothing to match.

Yeah color matched components do look cool. :yes: But I was more going for the color y'all prefer in general, not inclusive of the color of other components in your rig. I like silver, too.

Yeah color matched components do look cool. :yes: But I was more going for the color y'all prefer in general, not inclusive of the color of other components in your rig. I like silver, too.

Hey... they gotta match! :D

sansui_555.jpg

pioneers.jpg

marantz_corner.jpg

Both, but matching per rig.
Regards,
Jim

Hey... they gotta match! :D

Very nice! Yeah I can see why they gota match. Those Sansui pieces are awesome looking in black. Always liked those silver Pioneer components. Which model Pioneer cassette player is that? The Marantz rig is freaking amazing looking. Ya got enough tuners n that rig? :D By the way, what is the Marantz component second from the bottom?

Most of the time I would pick silver, but with this certain instance I am going with black. Maybe it is the blue meters.

Very nice! Yeah I can see why they gota match. Those Sansui pieces are awesome looking in black. Always liked those silver Pioneer components. Which model Pioneer cassette player is that? The Marantz rig is freaking amazing looking. Ya got enough tuners n that rig? :D By the way, what is the Marantz component second from the bottom?

The Pioneer deck is the model CT-F7171 and the Marantz is the 4140 Quad integraded.

Not only do I think components look better matched, but I believe they sound better. Since they were designed with each other in mind.

Both. I mix and match as needed to get the sound I want. I'm more worried about how the component performs and its synergy with the other gear it's connected to than matching colors.

But please, no pink, purple, mauve, or chartreuse :puke:.

I love wood cases. As for silver or black, well I've seen lots of good examples of both. My favorite, though, may be the Sansui Definition/Professional series which is silver knobs and switches on a black face.

I nominate onepixel for most drool worthy post of the season - affordable division. WOW!:yes:

My entire Rack is Silver, right down to the rack poles that hold up the 78 lbs of pure SX-1980, wih exception of the CD player I have which is black. I have been trying to find a silver CD player for years, but never can seem to find one. That being said, It's Silver Tuna all the way, well..........almost, lol! :D

Back
Top Bottom