Which home theater receiver would you pick between these two?

I retired in 2004 but the company sold Yamaha right until the end 4 years ago. We also retailed , Marantz, B&O, Sony, B&W, Denon and Pioneer off and on over the years. They all broke. Personally I preferred Marantz and Pioneer over, over Yamaha. What I couldn't understand was how horrible anything that had mechanically moving parts Yamaha made. Their TT's , cassette decks and CD players were jokes. How can a company that builds musical instruments from complicated pianos to complicated Saxophones and lower bass clarinets not be able to build simple CD and LP players? I guess thats what happens when you build toward a certain price point and not quality. Their speakers never impressed us. I thought the much smaller NS 690 was a much better value than the very colored NS-1000 that seemed to be the latest rage at the time with its Beryllium domes.

I ended up getting the Marantz SR-7012. Paid about a grand for it, including shipping. Very pleased with it so far. I have Aperion center and surround speakers and am running two subs, an Aperion and a Sunfire.

Yamaha without question!!! Why? Their reliability and QC is the envy of the industry There products just works.. All three of my AVRs are Yamaha, the RX-V1800 was purchased new, the RX-V1500 and RX-V1900 used. All three are performing flawlessly, the RX-V1500 being 15 years or older.

I bought three used cassette decks, 2 x KX800 and one KX-630 well over 30 years old. They like my AVRs work flawlessly.

Marantz is owned by Denon

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/denon-yamaha.109421/#post-1217820

From post 13 of the above link....
"
Do your home work on features and specs..
In overall USA market share Yamaha sells 19% more AVRs than Denon so they are #1. However regarding reliability, my AV install office is rite around the corner from a warranty station thats services both Denon and Yamaha. The return rate on Denon AVRs to Yamaha is about 3 to 1, for every Yamaha AVR brought in for service there are 3 Denon AVRs brought in. Don't take my word for it, visit a selling dealer and/or service center and check it out the brand comparison yourself..."

(post 17 and 19)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom