Which Interconnects Are You Guys Using With Your Infinities?

Infinity!

Just curious as to which brands and models you guys are using? XLR/RCA, speaker wire, power cables?

Audioquest diamondback IC's (all RCA), Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables.

Edit---seeing some of the posts further down this thread reminded me that I am using Monster cable for my sub connection.

Last edited:
Nothing to fancy here a mix and match of audio quest evergreen rca cables the lower line and believe or not Old school monster cable 100 interconnects from the 90s and speaker wire is monster cable Xpa.

Good to see some normality here ^^.

I/Cs are monoprice premium. (Hard to get here).
Speakers is White Lightning .

Last edited:
Of all the wire I have tried for speakers, I have to say I also enjoyed the Monster XPA probably the most. When I get to do my audio room that is probably what I'm going back to. The last set I made went with the Kappa 8's to my son. I've kinda already made up my mind to dress them up with some nice sleeving and cable pants etc. But underneath all that fancy looking stuff that will deliver the sound :thumbsup:.

12 gauge speaker wire from Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, wherever performs just as well as $10,000 cables.
Yes...it's true. GASP!!!!!!!!! The Horror!!! LMAO!!!

For banana plugs, the Sewell brand plugs available on Amazon work well. $12.95 for five pair.

On another note, if you'd like to see what a $10,000 cable moron looks like, just search for Michael Fremer at Stereophile Magazine or see this video:

In fact, this idiot's head is so polluted with fantastical theory, the speaker cables in his video are $30,000. Oh yeah, he also thinks buying $5,000 120 VAC cords to plug your turntable into an electrical outlet improves the sound.

Last edited:
12 gauge speaker wire from Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, wherever performs just as well as $10,000 cables.

For banana plugs, the Sewell brand plugs available on Amazon work well. $12.95 for five pair.

On another note, if you'd like to see what a $10,000 cable moron looks like, just search for Michael Fremer at Stereophile Magazine or see this video:

In fact, this idiot's head is so polluted with fantastical theory, the speaker cables in his video are $30,000. Oh yeah, he also thinks buying $5,000 120 VAC cords to plug your turntable into an electrical outlet improves the sound.

Ha ha I actually enjoyed the video. I’m sure he isn’t the only one that can afford equipment and cables like he does. I know if audio was my only single hobby I might spend a lot on my audio system as well. Unfortunetly I have to many others lol.

That is pocket change compared to what the turntable cost (not the tone arm) lol... Surprised he did not mention the cost of that.

Another vote here for good old 12 gauge copper. I cut an old 15 foot pair of Original Monster Cables in half and made 4 7 1/2 foot cables to bi-amp my Kappa 9s.
One pair is terminated with Nakamichi bananas each end, and the other is bananas on one end and spades on the other.

Terminated with these:
100pcs-lot-24k-gold-plated-audio-nakamichi.jpg

Last edited:
Audioquest Copperhead IC's and DH Labs Silver Sonic T-14 speaker wire. Yes, better speaker wire does make a difference. My 2.5's will let you know it - to your face!

For the speakers I'm using 11AWG Canare 4S11 six foot cables I bought off of the bay for forty-something $. Sound as good to me as other cables I've tried and my system is quite revealing.

For interconnects I'm using Canare balanced IC's I bought cheap off of the bay. I have one set of Neotech UPOCC balanced IC's that I can't distinguish from the Canares.

Larry D.

Thanks for sharing that video, the wife listened while i watched. Holy cow that's some serious stuff, those amps and preamp are feaking awesome looking, just have to wonder how amazing all that sounds. The wifey say's $30.000 for speaker cables ! I love his place, organized chaos !

Back
Top Bottom