Which is "Best" - Yamaha B-2 or MX-2000?

The winner of the CX-2000 auction (that beat me out) was apparently bidding on the MX-2000 with a max bid of 2,500 per the bid history. And another bidder had a max bid of 2,750.

Either the seller was pretty lucky there were some determined buyers or these babies are becoming more desirable.

Maybe instead of looking for a CX-2000 I should be thinking about selling my MX-2000.

2800 Hmm..:naughty:

I watched that pair closely and I was stunned by what the amp sold for. I thought about dipping my toe in at $2k and thought I would have a pretty good chance of getting it. LOL. Still cheaper than a not-quite-as-pretty A-S3000 though.

There was a lovely Philips PA-1200B up there for less than half a k that one could have consoled oneself with, but it looks like that has sold now too.

I guess it's all relative.
$2.8k isn't big money in this tier of gear. People are paying more for amps that come nowhere near measuring as good.

Nikko you hit the nail in the head!
You would need to spend way more on modern gear to get that sound and build quality. Same goes for Grace Kelly's big brother...

Back
Top Bottom