Which of these Phono Preamps is better?

Mr.Jim

President of nothing
Subscriber
I have an Audio Space Galaxy 34 tube integrated amp, and a Denon DP-47F turntable with MM cartridge. I use a Lounge Audio phono preamp. Would a Parks Audio Budgie Tube phono preamp be an upgrade?

Which would you choose? I haven't been able to try the Parks Budgie.

People rave about the Parks, though the same is true of the Lounge as well.... I'm afraid I can make no useful contribution..... Still posting this waste of space post though ....

I like the lounge, have a chance to pick up a Budgie for $200 or so and wondered if it would be a noticeable upgrade. If not......

Thanks for the links

Last edited:
I like the lounge, have a chance to pick up a Budgie for $200 or so and wondered if it would be a noticeable upgrade. If not......

Thanks for the links
The only way for you to know if it's a noticeable upgrade is to buy the Budgie and compare it with your lounge, if it sounds better to your ears with your setup then there's your answer.

Audiofreak71

$200 for a Budgie is a pretty good deal. I have found rolling Amperex 7308s and Amperex PQ 6922s in my Budgie are a nice improvement over the stock EH 6922s. I also enjoy the Budgies very flexible loading with a Cinemag 1254 based Budgie SUT. Give the Budgie a go and if it isn't to your liking you will probably be able to recoup your cost.

Back
Top Bottom