Which one would you choose, Khorns,Belles,Lascallas

DIGGIT

I'm pretty new to the AK forum thing. I have been reading the Klipsch Corner posts for 4 days off and on. I have only made it to page 18 of 144. There is a great and vast amount of knowledge here. My question to all of you is if given the choice which pair, only one pair would you choose to live with the rest of your life, the Klipschcorns, the Belles, or theLaScallas? Completely unaltered of course. If your feeling frisky name the two pairs you would own. And if your feeling especially randy about the subject let's here it all. I know some of you quite passionate about the subject ie, cornscallas, crites, and the frankin jubilee that I still can't quite get my head wrapped around. But really I'm just after the first question.

Good day to all, with kind regards, DIGGIT

And to add a little bit more, I didn't make Jubilees a choice is because they seem to be the Klipsch wholly grail. And I didn't put Cornwall (while a truely exceptional speaker) there are too many competitors like Course, Fortes, KLF 10,20,30.
And because I'm new here is the system that I am building that I haven't heard yet.

Carver PX1450 amp
Carver C4000 pre
ADC SS3 para eq
Carver TX10 tuner
Denon DN550R cd rec
Carver SD/A 490T cd
Furman PS-8 power sequencer
Klipsch KG4
Klipsch KG 5.5

One last piece to purchase is a speaker selector, so that I truely have options in a two channel set up.

Hey Dig
K-horns and Cornwalls are the only ones I have much experience with. K-horns are more better than Cornwalls. But the K-horns need corners and larger rooms to perform .So your room size/shape are gonna be something to consider.
Also price is gonna be higher for the K-horns.
La Scala and Belles are some good lookin speakers I just don't have any experience with either.
Where are you located? There might be some folks close that could let you have a listen. Good luck with your search. Eric

Hey Dig
K-horns and Cornwalls are the only ones I have much experience with. K-horns are more better than Cornwalls. But the K-horns need corners and larger rooms to perform .So your room size/shape are gonna be something to consider.
Also price is gonna be higher for the K-horns.
La Scala and Belles are some good lookin speakers I just don't have any experience with either.
Where are you located? There might be some folks close that could let you have a listen. Good luck with your search. Eric
Hey Eric, Im in Kenai,Alaska. There is a chance of a road trip in the next few months starting in Arkansas. If that happens and I have hopefully saved the cash, there will be stops. And depending on this thread for what.

Hey
Arkansas, now that ought to be a pretty good place to hunt down some Klipsch speakers. Just sayin. Eric

Hey
Arkansas, now that ought to be a pretty good place to hunt down some Klipsch speakers. Just sayin. Eric
One would think, but from what I have seen on the list, Chicago has more. Don't get me wrong, I will be stopping in Hope hell or high water.

Jubilees definately.
Khorns if corners.
Belles are one of my faves.
I've owned Khorns and Belles but have jubilees.
If I had to pick outside this list KLF30, Chorus II or Forte II.

only one pair would you choose to live with the rest of your life, the Klipschcorns, the Belles, or theLaScallas? , DIGGIT

The answers probably reflects what people are personally experienced, so basically reflect number of speakers manufactured.
Rare speakers (less year in production, etc) experienced less.

My vote is Belle.
Klipschorn would be the last to consider "to the rest of my life" because I cannot imagine to move these monsters at age of 80, and 90, and hopefully 100. Heck, I don't want to deal with them even now.

You really should include Cornwall and Forte in your question.

Last edited:
Hmmm...

KHorn *if* you have the proper room for them (large with corners). La Scala is a great choice - much of the KHorn sound without the space constraints. Belles look great, but I have not heard of someone buying them based on how they sound.

The Belle did not suffer from the side panel resonance that they fixed with the La Scala II. I also found the Belle to be at the perfect height for me sitting on the couch and listening. The Belles sound great and out of all the speakers I've sold I regret selling them the most. The ability to position for optimal stereo imaging is a big strength imo. In my room the Khorns went lower but just never could dial them in as well in my room because they had to be in corners. I wanted to build a top hot that would let me swivel the mf and hf horns left or right up or down.

Really can't go wrong with any of them.

I posted this with the thoughts of buying at least two pairs. While I know that I would love the Khorns, I don't have the right space. I'm pretty sure Belles will be my cup of tea with Cornwalls to back them up.
Do Ya DIGGIT

I waited for years to buy a pair of Khorns, and finally found a sweet bargain in 2010. Although the room isn't perfect for them, they still do quite well.

Unfortunately, time changes things. We've lived out here in the country since 1986, but it's time to move on. Our property is now zoned industrial, and someone wants it more than we do, so we're selling. It will be a 4 hour move, and I don't want to buy a new home dependent on having a proper room for large speakers. Neither of our children have a desire to take them, so I've pretty much decided to let them go. I also have Cornwalls, KG4s and KG2s plus some JBL L80Ts, so it's not like I won't have anything decent to listen to. I can store them, but that would probably do more harm than good. If I finally decide, I'll put a price on them and see what happens.

There may be a pair of Belles in my future.

I waited for years to buy a pair of Khorns, and finally found a sweet bargain in 2010. Although the room isn't perfect for them, they still do quite well.

... I also have Cornwalls, KG4s and KG2s plus some JBL L80Ts......

How would you rate the KG4's against the others you have and would the KG4's be a good introduction to Klipsch if room size was a limiting factor?

And to add a little bit more, I didn't make Jubilees a choice is because they seem to be the Klipsch wholly grail.

One last piece to purchase is a speaker selector, so that I truely have options in a two channel set up.

My experience is holly grail is generally used when something is unobtainable. In the case of the Jubilee, I assure you that is not the case.

I've owned LaScalas for 38 years. I owned Khorns for about 6 years. I've owned Jubilee's (which was originally designed to replace the Khorn as the Khorn II) for ten years and counting...

If you want "put them anywhere and they'll work but a little weak on DEEP bass": LaScalas
If you want "pressurize the room like nothing you've heard before" : Khorns
If you want to step up from those without getting a Jubilee, get a LaScala bottom, mate it with the top of a Juiblee (K402 if you want balls to the wall or the smaller K510 if you have a wife to fear) and a horn subwoofer. Actively cross those three and you will pretty much have something second to none.

Of course, the Jubilee is simply a phone call and credit card away. Stock Jubilee will crush a stock Khorn or stock LaScala

Or, swing by my place during your trip.... I have a pair of MWM (double) bass bins that you could have for free. Just need drivers. Add a K402 on top of those monsters and crush the Jubilee.

Everything said above is said from the perspective of hearing and owning all of them.

Oh, and if you get a generic type (meaning 2-channel) speaker selector, forget about the bigger boys.... if you want to do them right, you should (but don't have to) actively cross them which makes using a selector a bit complicated.

How would you rate the KG4's against the others you have and would the KG4's be a good introduction to Klipsch if room size was a limiting factor?
The first pair of Klipsch speakers that I ever heard were the Cornwalls with L100s on top when I was seven years old. Lots of funk played at my house. Fast forward seven years, and now my friends are telling how awesome my parents system is. I thought everyone had something similar. Maybe not quite as loud. I did eventually blow those poor speakers. Folks still have them and are back even better for the second time. Fast forward some more, and now all my friends (those competing bastards) have klipsch set up in all different shades and colors. (Yep, I did that) Which brings me to the final installment. A few children a couple of divorces and I have myself a pair of kg4 and 5.5. The kg4 is a great starter set, they will suck you in for more, hence the purpose of this thread. To define my next one or two purchases. Just remember bigger is better. To each his own.

Khorns in the right room of course, they have bass. But for the average person with room issues you choose the Corn wall. Its only 3 to 4 db less efficient and works well in smaller rooms. If floor space is a real issue the A Chorus II if you can place the speaker away from the wall. if you can't then you need to look at the different RF speakers and so many other choices it will make your head spin for a solution. I'm not fond of passive radiators, but if you have to to get bass from a small enclosure and maintain efficiency its a great solution. JBL, Celestion, B&O, and Mcintosh have used them very successfully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom