Which Ones

Discussion in 'The Klipsch Korner' started by Cylontymany, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Cylontymany

Cylontymany Well-Known Member

If could only own one set of vintage Klipsch speakers-which ones would they be and why? Heresys,Fortes, Choruses,Quartets? And I want them to be 8 ohms too.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  2. 70'sAudio

70'sAudio Where it All Started for Me Subscriber

I have KLF 30's, KG 5.2's and Belles I Love all of them.......Only One Set......The Horror :yikes:

Good Luck with Your Quest, Mike. :smoke:

3. musichal

musichal poet emeritus Subscriber

Klipschorn. Just do it.

indyhawg, 70'sAudio, skud007 and 2 others like this.
  4. skud007

skud007 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have Fortes and would love to hear Cornwalls.

70'sAudio likes this.
  5. Coytee

Coytee AK Subscriber Subscriber

Generally, in the world of Klipsch, it gets better as you go bigger....so it's easy.... buy the largest you can tolerate or afford

musichal, isotopesope and moray james like this.
  6. Searing75

Searing75 Active Member

Fortes for me. Perfect size and price. Oh, and perfect sound! I have not heard any others honestly, so I can't really say. Those Klipschorns look amazing!

isotopesope likes this.
  7. musichal

musichal poet emeritus Subscriber

Has anyone else ever thought that Klipschorn sounds like it should be some sort of woolen product? Old money socks?

Clipped and shorn by Tibetan monks.

8. twiiii

twiiii Super Member

I would like to hear the new Forte III versus NEW CORNWALL JUST FOR HO - HO'S. I will never buy either. but I'm willing to listen and change my mind. We sold Cornwalls, I installed them and had a room mate with a pair in college. We could almost peal the wallpaper off the walls with a pair of Cornwalls with a MC 275 and later a 2105. You could feel chest compressions from either amp and your leg muscles flex. A little experimenting with room Equalization really improved the sound making the sound much more accurate and easy to listen to. Later Cornwalls with improved tweeter and 18/db crossover really turned me off. But after a while that was corrected and the Cornwall returned to being my favorite horn speaker system. Right now myfavorite horn system is the JBL 4435, the HF are better summed being a two way versus the 3 way from klipsch. Arrival times from the JBL are much better than the Cornwall. But the Cornwall has better definition at longer listening distances. So as with everything train your ears attending live un amplified concerts and recitals and then go pick the speakers.

9. fernarias

fernarias AK Subscriber Subscriber

Fortes then quartets. Cornwall if you have a large room to appreciate them (and understanding neighbors and wife).