Which Pioneer Receiver Is The Best?

The 5 gang tuner in the 1250 is HOT, practically on FIRE. When you first use it on a clear FM type of day its like you just found another gear to shift into. Now I have not owned any super duper seperate tuners before like McIntosh, so it may well only be average or simlar to them. But for a receiever its the best I've seen. The tuners in my SX-1980 were on the fritz so I couldn't compare with the "big one". But I've heard that quart lock can be worse since it doesn't allow you to easly tune off center to grab a station that is being covered up by another close by.

I never listen to the radio anymore though because the radio gets worse all the time, and my tastes also drift further from the mainstream.

jackson said:
my tastes also drift further from the mainstream.

I'm sure you can find some Upper Valley Polka Music, in the West Coast Style, on FM if you look hard enough... :D

Last edited:
jackson said:
The tuners in my SX-1980 were on the fritz so I couldn't compare with the "big one". But I've heard that quart lock can be worse since it doesn't allow you to easly tune off center to grab a station that is being covered up by another close by.

Actually, you can operate the SX-1980 like any regular tuner defeating the "Quartz Lock" if you wish. Tuning, unlike a Digital tuner, is continuous and the unit will lock on a frequency only if you let go of the tuning knob when the "fine tune" light comes on.

Back
Top Bottom