Which Pioneer Receiver To Get Fix

TubesGalore

I've decided to get one of the 3 Pioneer receivers I have that have problems repaired. Here is the list:

Pioneer SX-434.Goodwill find. Seems to be functioning okay but case is in bad condition. Been watching eBay but so far my only option is to find a dead receiver but with a good case

Pioneer SX-636: Cosmetically fine. One channel dead. I have a SX-626 which I really like the sound of and based on what I read on the forum this one would be similar.

Pioneer SX-580. Cosmetically fine. One channel out. I know this one is a few years newer with a different look.

The guy who use to work on my audio equipment was very good and reasonable. He was an electronic engineer and was retired from the power company. Now he retired from his audio repair work.I didn't want to ship items out so it took me a while to find someone to repair my gear, within a reasonable drive, which I've now done. I'm only getting one repaired due to cost and as a test run to see how the new tech is.

I'm leaning towards the SX-636. What do you think? Thanks.

Last edited:
I agree with yourself and the other guys also, def the 636, plus you can always repair the internals, the external cosmetics not so easily.

Back
Top Bottom