Which pre?

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by grillebilly, May 27, 2018.

1. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

what’d you decide on?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. grillebilly

grillebilly Empty Head Subscriber

Just got off the phone with Steve from Audio Classics. Ordered the C47. It has everything I need and he said it's the perfect match for the 452, and there are fancier models, but if I don't need an EQ or tone controls than chances are I wouldn't be able to hear much of a difference.
    He is sending cables with it so maybe this weekend I will be able to do a switch.

3. kevzep

kevzep Its all about the Music Subscriber

Nice one, a good choice.....!! You are done now.....got everything you need...

grillebilly likes this.
  4. grillebilly

grillebilly Empty Head Subscriber

Yeah, I thinks so, but with AK's help I'm not so sure. ;)

5. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

Next upgrade will be to utilize that open MCT input port on the C47 . . . ;)

6. louisjames

louisjames The "real" Louis James Subscriber

may not be tomorrow or the day after, or the week or month after that. but McIntoshitis hits hard and with the enablers around here it's hard to not want to upgrade and then finally take the plunge. Then again you can get to a certain point like I did where you say I'm happy with my setup and then live vicariously via the expenditures of other addicts. Sounds like you made the right decision. Hope you have many hours of listening enjoyment. Because at the end of the day we can talk gear all we want - - but it's really about the music and kicking back and listening. :)

P.S. That all said -- I sure wouldn't mind a C52 or C1100. Though that's completely above my pay grade.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. ericleehall

ericleehall AK Subscriber Subscriber

I bought a C47, and loved it, but it died within two weeks so I sent it back and am awaiting it's replacement, a C52....

gmc likes this.