Which Sansui receivers turn off their tuner dial lights when not needed?

joelll

20 years on AK!
Subscriber
This bit of Sansui trivia just popped up on another thread, but I thought I'd start a new thread about it.

My model Eight (built 6/72 -- thank you BF for the hint about serial numbers! this one has the cool-looking serial #222060001) and model 4000 receivers (built 11/70) both turn off their tuner dial lights when the tuner isn't in use (input selector set to AUX or PHONO). Furthermore, the 4000 changes the lighting of the dial pointer depending on FM or AM.

However, my 350a receiver (built 12/70) doesn't do any of this. I'm pretty sure the G-series and later don't do it either.

So... I wonder, what models have this feature? I think it's really cool myself, I like not having the dial lit up when I'm playing CDs.

joel

Well, for what it's worth, the G-X700 series will turn the digital display for the tuner off if on phono or aux, and my 9090DB will turn the pointer light off if on something besides AM or FM

Both pretty neat features, although I personally like the see the whole display lit up.

oh, and according to the serial number on your model 8, it was the first unit off the production line for that year/month/plant?

pretty cool

I've got a 2000X that turns off the lights when in AUX/PHONO1/PHONO2. No change from Am to FM.

The 5000, 5000A, and 5000X do. Probably the 2000A, 7000, six, and seven do also but i am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom