Which Sony to buy next?

Whitehall, don;t know if you saw the saga of my 6120 and the dial glass. Now have a bid in on a 6200 so I can hopefully get a template from it to replace the lettering on the 6120. Will probably restore the 6200 and also still looking forward to geting a 6060 up and running.

I kept on asking whther the 6120 or 6200 was the better. I guess with a little luck, I'll find out.

If the 6120 uses big output caps, then the 6200 OUGHT to be a slightly superior unit. Of course many fine sounding units use output caps - the STR-6060FW, the Marantz 1060, etc. I put in a low bid on the 6120 just in case, but somebody seems to want it bad and was auto-out-bid. I'll leave it at that since Brian wants it. I've got another one promised to me in any case.

BTW, torn into my STR-6800. Changing the panel lights is even a bigger hassle than on the STR-6060FW. (Had no manual either - hope I get it back together right!)

Pulled the bad bulb and took it to Radio Shack - "Never seen one of those!"

Took it to Fry's - "Never seen one of those!"

Thought to myself- 12 volts! Took it to the local auto parts joint - racks and racks of 'em!

Used a bunch of DeOxit on the switches - it had a phono selector that would cutout. Looks like my $12 machine just needed a touch of TLC.

Whitehall, thanks for the lead. I'll go for it. Makes more sense to grab the 6120 and have a sare parts unit than move forward with the 6200. I won the 6200 and provided I pick up the 6120, I'll let anyone who wants the 6200 for the shipping from Bill in Florida have. Could make a minor donation to AK if you want. I'll pay the auction price to Bill. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Someone does not want me to have a 6120. The seller pulled his ad and replied to my email that he made a testing mistake and MAY relist it SOMETIME in the future.

Back
Top Bottom