Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

Currently using my Polk LSiM 703's and Bowers & Wilkins CM5's. Although my Sansui integrateds have also driven some of my other speakers beautifully.

My Sansuis never disappoint me. :thmbsp:

My restored AU-6900 currently goes through an inexpensive pair of Sound Appeal VF6.5S. The amp recently went through some issues and sometimes the output was not speaker friendly. The restore so far has gone really well and no issues as the new internal components break-in. AU-6900 sounds clean and healthy. My main speakers are Martin Logan Motion 40.

g-6700 mated to Paradigm Titan V3's!

i am leaving myself open to more awesomeness, obviously.

just snagged a pair of SOLILOQUY 5.3's to go along with my G-6700.

visceral audio heaven?

Soliloquy_5.3_front2.jpg

YES. And the real rosewood veneer goes REALLY well with the veneer on the G-6700.

oh and each cabinet is 80lbs... also going well with the heft of the g-6700!

I'm currently running:

Elite Aesthet 1 Mk II speakers with my AU-X701 or BA/CA-F1
Restored Sound Dynamics 300tis with my AU-719 or AU-7700

In particular, the AU-X701/Elite Aesthet 1 Mk II combo just just sublime! :music:

aesthet1_zps17a043c7.jpg

aesthet2_zps5e16418a.jpg

aesthet5_zps409f8b30.jpg

That is a gorgeous listening space.

Pretty standmount speakers, too.! I have been a 2-way bookshelf fan forever and the soliloquys are my intro to floor standing multi driver speakers... Its been an eye (ear) opener but 2-ways do have a magic about them

I was shocked to hear those Elites are made in China, etc etc etc.

I read the reviews that Pete put up and I am really curious to hear a set!!!

I was shocked to hear those Elites are made in China, etc etc etc.

I read the reviews that Pete put up and I am really curious to hear a set!!!

Incredible speakers for the money. I've owned standmounts and floorstanders up to $4k and these hold their own easily, combining the best virtues of my other favourite speakers to date. Highly, highly recommended.

Hi all,

I have just bought a TU 9900 tuner and AU 9900 amp. I'm curious about which speakers every one is using with these classic Sansui's.

Thanks!

Joe

So, I picked up this Sansui Z-9000X early 80s receiver for next to nothing (yard sale).

It actually sound really good through Technics SB L200 I think 70s speakers. Not so good through EV 12trxB electrovoice speakers...even worse through a pair of Altec Lansing Seville 847A speakers. But it does have power.

I'm currently running:

Elite Aesthet 1 Mk II speakers with my AU-X701 or BA/CA-F1
Restored Sound Dynamics 300tis with my AU-719 or AU-7700

In particular, the AU-X701/Elite Aesthet 1 Mk II combo just just sublime! :music:

aesthet1_zps17a043c7.jpg

aesthet2_zps5e16418a.jpg

aesthet5_zps409f8b30.jpg

Beautiful setup you have there, Pete. Clean, tasteful and I'll bet it sounds phenomenal. :smoke:

I'm very intrigued by the Elite Aesthets, being a fellow fan of Audio GD and Sansui componentry, not to mention beefy, solidly designed and engineered bookshelf speakers! :thmbsp:

I'll post some pics of my setup once it's all together in the same room, and my AU-D707 is back in one piece.

Back
Top Bottom