Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

Beautiful setup you have there, Pete. Clean, tasteful and I'll bet it sounds phenomenal. :smoke:

I'm very intrigued by the Elite Aesthets, being a fellow fan of Audio GD and Sansui componentry, not to mention beefy, solidly designed and engineered bookshelf speakers! :thmbsp:

I'll post some pics of my setup once it's all together in the same room, and my AU-D707 is back in one piece.

Thank you sir! I'm very, very happy with the sound. The Elites are extremely competent and superb value for money. They're one of the best-kept secrets in audio land IMHO.

AU-505 with original large Advents. The system isn't appropriate for high volume levels, but at the right level it is wonderful. It is my first piece of Sansui gear, as an upscale thrift shop find, and I am going to stay on the lookout for more items.

I use a sansui au d507x (outperforms au 517 and au 717) with some quite rare (i mean very rare) Pioneer CS F900 these were top of the line back in '75 i am probably the only person who owns it in Australia and probably audio karma!

I have a 9090 as well as a au/tu 7700 and a au d9 and au/tu717 and I use pioneer hpm 900s [4] with hpm 100s [2] and koss cm 1030s [total 10].I also have a Pioneer tu/au9500II . I love to mix and match, power music mixing pioneers and detailed, more acoustical sounds on the 1030s. best thing is there is no bad combos!

The pair of 40 year old B&O turntables feeding my AU-6500 driving La Scalas.

The combination of vinyl source and warmish low powered amp with the absurdly efficient speakers (with "soft" 6dB/oct crossover slopes) sounds powerful with effortlessly huge dynamic headroom and seemingly unlimited clarity and resolution... is that "super natural"?

Latest pic.

AU-9500 with the TLS50II. Sound wonderful.

8dbf9ee679e8a262e4c23fae52c2d959.jpg

My 9090 rocks with HPM 100's and JBL L80T's played on A+B. Amp gets a little warm if I play it for hours at 12 o'clock. I have a little fan hooked up to my switched outlet pointing at the heat sinks.

I have an AU7900, i swap around Wharfedale E70, B&W DM3000 and DM2000.

Now i have a pair of B&W Series 80 802 and the AU7900 has obviously become too small unfortunately, i'll still keep it though!

Back
Top Bottom