Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by Cheetah, Apr 6, 2007.

1. JOMARK911

JOMARK911 Super Member

Well my own active crossed speakers ,coral 15l70 15inch dual woofers on push pull confiq, jbl 2118h 8 inch midbass , coral md-9 mid , coral hd-3 tweeters, all these fed by sansui c-2301 pre amp , feeding sansui cd 10 active cross , feeding , sansui b2301 for bass , ba 3000 midbass, sansui ba 3000 mid , sansui ba 2000 high.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    bprsnt, bolero, chevelosm and 5 others like this.
  2. JamVal

JamVal Well-Known Member

Bought an AU-317 a few days ago; my first Sansui amp. After cleaning it up and testing, it is now driving a set of Boston Acoustics A150's.
    First impression listening to Dave Mason Mariposa de Oro LP is that it sounds very good.

While in the Navy; 1971, my room mate had a 2000x or 5000x driving a set of Pioneer CS-77 or 88 and they sounded great. That seemed to be the favorite combos, at least in my barracks. Similar powered Kenwood and Pioneer receivers were available at the Navy exchange for about the same price, but the Sansui x000x series seemed to be the favorite matched with Pioneer speakers. I have sets of CS-99 and 99a that I will try next.

3. gazious

gazious Active Member

Sansui 500A/Klipsch KG4's

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  4. kenwood61

kenwood61 KR-4070 started it all Subscriber

Hey Gizzy, I'd be curious what other speakers you tried with your BA-3000. It sounds like you love these the best?

5. Bluboxer

Bluboxer AK Subscriber Subscriber

G9000DB and Sony SS-M7's.

6. pete_mac

pete_mac Super Member

Currently using a big pair of Australian designed and manufactured Osborn B3 Rhapsody speakers, The dead original Vifa metal dome-tweeters have been replaced with SB Acoustics ring-radiator tweeters and an acoustically measured and adjusted crossover. Very nice all-round speakers, and a great match for the Alpha Sansuis.

[​IMG]

chevelosm likes this.
  7. Robisme

Robisme Sansui Enthusiast Subscriber

Guess I should update my 2007 entry.

Still have all the gear, but different configurations. (Except for the Polks)

AU-X711 and RSL Elans
    AU-G99X and ADS L1290 II (The AU-719 will back after a rebuild)
    S-X1200 and the L100s. Pulling garage duty.

Rob

8. Celestion 33

9. Flapper

Flapper New Member

10. Willy6

Willy6 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I changed it up..Now running some klipsch KLF-30's with all of the Bob Crites upgrades paired with the Marantz HD-770's and my recently refurbished Sansui AU-X1..

11. AUD101 and Flapper like this.
  12. Flapper

Flapper New Member

Same here. I recapped the Dittons myself, and the AU-317 was recapped and fixed up by Hyperion, of this very parish.

So we pretty much have the same system, and what's also weird is that I live about 10 miles from Ludlow :crazy:

AUD101 and modge like this.
  13. knuckleyub

knuckleyub New Member

Pair of PSB Imagine 1, AU919 was totally recapped with Nichicon Upper crust audio electrolytics, polystyrenes where needed. Also tweaked the MC board input capacitance for AT Art9 moving coil, and other table runs a Ortofon OM40 super. Sad to say output transistors are not original, used Motorola replacements. Amp has never sounded better!

Attached Files:

pete_mac likes this.
  14. AUD101

AUD101 Parsley The Lion!

modge & Flapper love that combo - Ditton 33's and the AU-317 - have heard this pairing and am impressed :thumbsup:

Flapper likes this.
  15. You should listen to the Dittons with a Mc MA5100. The imaging - sound stage is unbeatable. Although a little warmer than a Sansui almost valve like.

16. 24HACKER

24HACKER Super Member

DQ-10's - G-9000 with a JBL Synthesis S-400 pre amp - fills up the room quite nicely I might add.

17. ranf1970

ranf1970 Aut disce aut discede

Sansui 800 with Wharfedale W60s. :music:

18. jameswei

jameswei Super Member

Sansui C/B 2202 with KEF 105/3 and Monitor Audio Radius 380 sub.

19. SofaKing

SofaKing New Member

Sansui G-8000 with Pioneer CS-63DX's and Frazier Model 7's.

20. GearHead454

GearHead454 Still Lost Subscriber

Currently using recapped/restored AU-717 into KEF 104/2. Speakers have new doughnuts and ferrofluid. Have new caps waiting to go in the KEFs also.