Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

I have an AU-G77X and a AU-D77x hooked up to 8 MTX Thunderpro 2's. with the 1" titanium horn tweeter and the 12" woofs it really rocks.

AU-555 hooked up to Richter Harlequin MK2 (Aussie speakers from the mid 90's)

The Sansui seems to like them a lot :D

Speakers...........

Howdy,
G-7700 system/Cornwalls/Denon
G-7500 system/JBL monitors/Denon
8080 system/DIY 15" 3-way monitors
AU/TU888 system, JBL's, or Phase Tech ES645's
AU- 317/TU-217 system, Baby Advents
3000A , Sansui 200's.......Are we having fun yet, damn right!...Cheers, T:music:

Au11000....Klipschorns with ALK Extreme Slope networks

Au7900 Cornwall I's BC networks

Au7900 #2 Heresy II's BC networks

Au7900 #2 Heresy II's BC networks

Ooo...I've been looking into those! Are those the Klipsch Heresy II's? I'm really thinking of getting a pair. I'm a total noob when it comes to speakers and there are so many out there I've had no idea what to look for, but everywhere I see these pop up they are universally loved. I would imagine that you feel the same

I run these with my AU9500, not all at the same time of course!
bose 901 V
braun 1030/4
Paradigm 9s 4
Paradigm Phantoms
Advent floors
Advent minis
The 9s sound the best, followed by the Braun 1030/4.

"And now for something completely different"

AUX911DG runs a pair of Sonus Faber Signums on matching SF wood stone stands and alternatively a pair of Celef CF 1 stand mounts.

I would like any suggestions for any larger, traditional three way speakers with a decent sized woofer that may prove to be a compatable match.

The stand mounts image well and are nice at resonable volume levels but fall apart in the bass region when playing rock,as you might expect.

From time to time I also run a pair of Stax SR34 Pro ear speakers which I really rate.

AUX911DG runs a pair of Sonus Faber Signums on matching SF wood stone stands and alternatively a pair of Celef CF 1 stand mounts.

The stand mounts image well and are nice at resonable volume levels but fall apart in the bass region when playing rock,as you might expect.

I have a pair of Celef's as well which sound really nice with my AU 505, but like you say lack bass for rock. I think I'll get a sub woofer at some stage (and a bigger Sansui :music:), but in the mean time Epicure 10's handle rock in the main system real nice

Hi Jo,
Started with Sansui Amp Au101 now at AUX911DG -still have 3 or 4 in between. Over nearly 25 years have always used 4 x LEAK air suspensions speakers (British classics 3 speaker system with 12" base drivers). Just moved to a Bose Acustimass 10 series III setup and wildly happy with the result. Can't bear to get rid of the huge LEAK speakers of which I now have a collection of 6. Now all I need is a new set of ears!
Happy listening with your classic amp.
Mike.:music:

I don't have the AU 9900 but I have the AU-D11 and they are hooked up to some Thiel CS 1.2s and Polk SDA-2As. The Polks are great for loud rock and the Thiels for most everything else.

The Sansui has switched to Thiel CS 2 2s and ADS L8es awhile back.

Two pair of Large Advents with the AU-717/TU-717. Sounds just wonderful to my ears! One set oak bullnose; the other walnut bullnose. Very nice condition. The walnut speakers are late 1970's vintage "Advent" and the oak pair are "New Large Advents" (Jensen) from 1982. Both pair re-foamed.

JF

Had a few changes since this thread started.
G-8000 w/ DCM TF 700's & Infinity RS 5B's (LR)
G-6000 w/ Straut Classic 11S & Minimus 7's (LR)
6060 w/ Technics SB-S407's (basement)
TR-707A w/ SP-3000's (Bedroom)

Currently a BA-5000 into an AU11000 and a pair of Bose 901 Series II. I am working on restoring some AR 2ax soon.

my au-999 is coupled to a pair of klh 5's and a pair of infinity wtlc towers(rare!) what a sweet blend. soon to interchange the infinity's with a pair of original advents for the all kloss speaker set-up.

my opinion.. go with the original large advents, early 1970's. my friend runs these with a g-9000.. awesome! just very musical!

Sansui AU6500 powering Aaron CS-4 speakers.
Sounds great to me.... looking forward to getting some new speakers to compare the sound.

Howdy, I use a AU9500 through a pair of Canadian built Rega/Cambers the speakers are so unusual that I have been unable to find any images or info on the net for them. I also use a NAD 7600 through a pair of Mission 753's and a Mission 12" 150 watt sub they both rock but the Sansui/ Rega combo really surprised me for it's musicality and balance.

With my EchoWars-rebuilt AU-919, I am running a pair of Ohm Walsh "Super 2's" (rebuilt by Ohm), with a Hsu VTF-2 subwoofer covering the booty-end of the spectrum...I used to own a Manley Stingray integrated tube amp, and while I liked the Manley's tone, it simply did not have enough power to push the Ohms...

That's not a problem anymore.

;-)

Back
Top Bottom