Which Speakers are you using with McIntosh Integrated?

Front speakers used with my MX-119/7106 system are FMI "J" Loudspeakers from the late 1970's. Rear speakers are Rogers LS-35/A's also from the late 1980's.

MA6200 with DCM TF-350's, Tannoy C10s, Infinity Qa's and I used it with others, but these are the most memorable. The MA6200 is my backup amp so only gets used in bursts and spurts. I just got my Ohm D2's refoamed and I'm looking forward to trying them with it.

I am owning a Mcintosh MA8000 driving a pair of Dynaudio Contour K5.4. This is the best setup I have ever heard.

The MA230 had only been on the market a few months when I bought mine. Efficient speakers were the rule of thumb not the exception then. With speakers being much less efficient today and recordings capable of much higher dynamic range more power of the MA 8000 is almost mandatory unless you own Klipsch. Even JBL DD 67000 is rated to 500 watts which would match the peak capability of the MA 8000. or about 119 db with 3.7 db compression of the woofers @ 1meter. Thats about 112 db with both speakers operating in my room.

KEF RDM3 with MA7000

i-rLRhJc7-L.jpg

Mcintosh mc60 s with Allison 2 speakers, love them but would like to try the Allison 1s to hear the extended base. anyone have any thoughts.

MA6200 and Spendor A6Rs

A touch of boost from the tone controls on both ends works well with these speakers.

Got an MR77 as the FM source too.

Last edited:
Just got my first piece, an MA8900 and paired it with my Bowers and Wilkins CM9 series 2, at the same time I also took delivery of the BW D4S sub, just a few hours so far but it’s looking promising, I’ve tried a CD by Pavarotti on DECCA, through my 1987 Technics SLP -330 and some vinyl on my Technics SL-Q2 I’m hearing new detail for the first time...

Back
Top Bottom