Which the best headphones? <150 usd

kirayamato

As the title says, I'm looking for a great headphone for music purposes with good bass. Doesn't matter if BT or not as long as it has the option of cable connection. So far this is my list:

Sennheiser HD 4.30i
Marshall Major II Headphone
Audio Technica ATH-M40x
Beyerdynamic DT 240 PRO 34
Philips CitiScape SHL5605BL
Jabra Move
JBL E55BT

What kinds of music do you mostly listen to?

Is this phone to be listened to mostly on the go or at the house or a combination?

I'd put the VModa XS on the list. It is an on-ear. The LP2 is an over ear design. They both have amazing bass capabilities. I'd skip the original LP version.

Beyerdynamic Custom i is pretty impressive for very little money. I got them on closeout for maybe $35 but looks like that source is gone. I'l compare them to my M50s later. My recollection is that they Beyers have a more natural overall sound.

I haven't heard any of the phones on your list though I've read mostly good things about all of them.

Last edited:
The Monolith M560 (planar) is currently on sale at Monoprice for $149. I'm slightly biased as I have a pair. Both my Samsung Galaxy and AGPTEK Rocker 2 will drive them louder than I care to listen. I actually use a pair of Monolith M300's (planar) while on the go. They are an in/on ear type that resemble the iSine 10's.

I'm running Foobar on the Galaxy. I like the interface on Android. It's IMO much nicer than the one for Windows.

Back
Top Bottom