Which turntable to my new system

Which turntable would you advise below $500 for current system?

• Total voters
By the way.... a TD160 Super with a SME 3009 Ser1 or 2 or 3 (I use a ser 3 on my 160) with some small detail and upgrades could end up being your "grail" table.... It would be very hard to find better performance when you consider the "diminishing return value" trying to improve on that. You could spend thousands of $$ more and not hear any difference, or for that matter, get any difference.

More I think about it.... $750 is a steal!! Good Luck ;-)

So pictures look pretty good and the seller tells me he got the turntable from Vinyl Nirvana a couple of years ago. Looks like we are meeting this weekend...

So much info here on AK re the 1200Mk2 and what to look for when purchasing. Many were never ever used by a "DJ", I had two that were pristine examples used by a mature adult that was a million miles from being a weekend DJ.

So much info here on AK re the 1200Mk2 and what to look for when purchasing. Many were never ever used by a "DJ", I had two that were pristine examples used by a mature adult that was a million miles from being a weekend DJ.

Including my brother's table. Some people try to put down the 1200, but in actuality this is a very well made, high quality turntable. Had it not been that I've seen/used this turntable for many years, I would've easily shopped for one and/or bought my brother's tt.

I couldn’t close the deal on the TD160 super. One RCA jack did not seem to work and the seller seemed rather clueless about the turntable. Too many red flags... back into the game...

I couldn’t close the deal on the TD160 super. One RCA jack did not seem to work and the seller seemed rather clueless about the turntable. Too many red flags... back into the game...

Are the Yamaha YP-D8 or 10 still available ? :idea:

Technics 1200 is like the Honda Civic of turntables.

Plentiful, reliable, inexpensive. Rarely a "wrong" choice, unless the previous owner trashed it.

There are better options, but usually not at the same price point.

Back
Top Bottom