Whiskey Tango Foxtrot about eBay?

Rob

Since when did eBay get bought and controlled by AOL?????? :wtf:

I just noticed a new AOL presents banner on the eBay auction page. If AOL imposes their filters and restricted access and automatically encoding stuff into PKZIPPO like they do to all their other users, I won't be able to work at all with the ebay website.

Rob

It's not, but AOL members can directly link into eBay, and that's what you see when you do.

eBay is growing so fast, they're buying up other guys. Not big enough to swallow AOLTimeWarner, but they do have TONS of cash and huge cash-flow.

Rob, if I use "Keyword" eBay I get the "Presented by" crapola, if I type in "www.ebay.com" I don't.

I know companies pay to have keywords linked to them so I suppose it's some sort of deal between them.

I always do my surfing from I.E. anyway so I never see that stuff.

Originally posted by Eric H
Rob, if I use "Keyword" eBay I get the "Presented by" crapola, if I type in "www.ebay.com" I don't.

I know companies pay to have keywords linked to them so I suppose it's some sort of deal between them.

I always do my surfing from I.E. anyway so I never see that stuff.

Eric,

I always surf from IE as well and I also never see that crapola, but I did see it, hence my post, by clicking on a link one of our fellow AK'ers had posted here about something to go look at. I guess this solves the mystery. That fellow musta been an AOL customer.

Thanx,
Rob

Back
Top Bottom