White Lithium on Pots?

Don't forget that grease today, at least the high tech stuff, is way better and more stable than what was used in the past. Some of the synthetics will probably look and feel exactly the same in 20 years as they do today, assuming they don't pick up a bunch of dust and lint. Many of the old formulations eventually turned into something closer to epoxy than a lubricant.

Interesting about electrically conductive grease and static- good use for it.

on a greasy note copper grease should be trade only .. well maybe not i have earned my keep finding it in the wrong places .

Interesting- didn't know they made that. The MSDS sheet makes it sound fairly hazardous, but I don't see anything listed that makes it any worse than many other greases.

I've also talked to the Superlube people, and their grease is recommended for electrical contact use.

Rob, here's the problem. I have been here before, a few times now. The pot. wiper arms are loosing their spring tension and no longer firmly touching the carbon track. So no matter how many times you use DeOxit, it will never cure the problem. You must remedy the cause, not the symptom. Change the offending controls.

Thanks to all for your feedback. This has become an interesting thread with some really good ideas . I think the original question about white lithium grease can be summed up as 'dont do it!' But there are some good alternatives here.

Back
Top Bottom