Who actually 'loves' there gear.

Superampman

AK Member
Yes, I love my gear. Do I love it with all my heart? No, I have other things that fill that need. But there is a level of affection we bestow on all of our possessions. So I love my stereo. I revel in it's uncanny ability to soothe the savage breast, What other hobby combines a natural inclination with what enables it? Does it speak to you? To me it's more than music. Is it alive? No, but it brings alive something that is otherwise static and merely a memory. So, don't be shy, tell us how you really feel about your stuff :)

While I don't love it, I do really like it. I would sell all of it for the right price** so I know I don't love it. However, I like it too much to give it away to some lowballer on Craig's List.

** If given the opportunity, I would have done things very differently. Knowing what I know now would result in a better system(s) for the same or less money.

While I don't love it, I do really like it. I would sell all of it for the right price** so I know I don't love it. However, I like it too much to give it away to some lowballer on Craig's List.

** If given the opportunity, I would have done things very differently. Knowing what I know now would result in a better system(s) for the same or less money.
Well, I would probably sell it at the the right price too. Everything has one. But I would acquire another. I suppose it's the hobby and everything it entails that I love.

Though I hate such shows, I do occasionally see television programs where a group of self-opinionated, self-appointed fashion 'experts' go through a victim's home, and replace everything with what you need to have in order to be the most talked-about plastic person in the neighborhood.

If somebody removed my 1980s tape recorers, and 1970s loudspeakers, and 1950s amplifiers, and replaced it with some twangy plastic eye-pod thing, I would lose all will to live.

My system is constantly evolving so I don't necessarily 'love it', although the core components in it are ones that I have worked on myself in some cases for hours on end, so I known them inside out. For that reason, these are the components I won't part with and sometimes I do just walk past, press a few buttons, watch them light up, then switch them all off again. Maybe that IS love ? Maybe I'm just sick.

I have a fair amount of love for all of my gear and what it is able to do for me, but the pieces that have been passed down to me from my own family members are particularly special to me.

Well, I would probably sell it at the the right price too. Everything has one. But I would acquire another. I suppose it's the hobby and everything it entails that I love.
After thinking about it, I have to take that back. I have gear I would sell that is more highly respected than some I don't think I would.

Those stains on the speaker grill aren't coffee creamer.
That's not true, I'm just using my gear to get some music.
What can I say, I'm a pig.
11121.jpg

Like having the gear and all that but it's stuff...not my babies, not my kids; if that's the sort of thing in question here.

Ive said it many times on here and i will say it again I LOVE MY 2245 !!! my companion for over 40 years and you will need to pry it from my cold dead hands

I can't say that I love my gear but I sure do like it a lot. I grew up with music, I was surrounded with it from the time I was a small child. I played many instruments through high school (Trumpet,trombone,baritone) but the be all,end all instrument for me was the guitar. Started playing that at 13 and pretty soon dropped everything else. I actually made a meager living playing the bar scene for a while in the 80's. Four years ago this month I had three strokes that ended my guitar playing forever. So shortly after that I sold the 65 Barracuda project car I was building and made my 15x27 shop into a music room and put together the best thrifting/yard sale system I could afford. I figure if I can't play music anymore I want the best sounding play back I can manage. In the old days (prestroke) I used to drink a lot of beer, eg In my free time at home there was always an open beer within reach and a dozen a day was not unusual. Not to long before my stroke I promised my wife I would cut down in a big way and I did. Now I have two days a week that I buy a 6 pack of Hollandia beer and sit in my music room spinning tunes along with a puff or two while watching PGA golf on the tube. Depending what I'm playing sometimes my system brings tears of joy it's so good so I sorta do love it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom