Who actually 'loves' there gear.

I love the music that comes out of it, usually, but it's just a dispensable tool or a means to a musical end. It's stuff that can be replaced with other stuff. I don't love it any more, or less, than I do a screwdriver.

I love the whole room where the gear awaits me. I love the time we spend meditating, letting the gear slowly glow until it's ready for the seance to begin. I love the gear when it channels my dear, sweet Eva.
But sometimes it channels Sid Vicious.

Actually you mean "So there!" :p

I love my gear, when you have bought it new 30+ years ago, looked after it during house moves and so on, and kept it maintained and working properly all this time. And for the newer (vintage) arrivals, restored and repaired the hacking, damage and mistreatment they have suffered, to then become a treasured piece in my (small) collection - yes, I 'love' my gear. :p

Some of my gear is just gear, some is my dads old gear - dads old gear has emotions attached.

Otherwise, gear is gear.

I prefer gear to be here rather than "there." :cool:

Oh, nothing against there gear - to me it's the where gear that's really annoying. ;)

Whereas here and there gear would seem pretty relative anyway, so that I might very well prefer there on my shelf gear to here in Bavaria gear.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Loves is something I reserve for family and friends. However I am deeply satisfied with this audio system. It does a wonderful job playing all types of music, and it all sounds wonderful on it. I don't have plans on making any significant changes, just a bit of fiddling with here and there.

Regards
Mister Pig

I'm wondering why you have to crawl under the house to screw down your speakers.

I am fortunate to have collected nice gear. What I love about it is researching and collecting music to play on it. I love computer technology that has evolved to allow me to create a digital jukebox that plays 24/7.

Yes, I love my stereo and music collection. I do have a personal connection with my things, especially stuff I've taken care of for years, or completely rebuilt.

However, I've lived without before. If absolutely necessary I could get rid of it all and live with a tablet and good headphones. If I needed more time for family responsibilities or something of equal importance I would gladly give it up.

Well i love my speakers,inherited and been through all the good and the bad with me.Like my lovely family and my faithfull hound theyve never let me down and you cant quantify the pleasures and consolations of music and music in the end is what its all about.

Well, I "Love" my wife (20+ years now!) - but I know what you mean ...
I think my main system is at a great point where the music sounds quite fine,
and between the sound and imaging, I'm really happy when I have the time to listen!

I like the gear I have, got rid of the stuff I didn't but I still like to hear different gear.

and between the sound and imaging, I'm really happy when I have the time to listen!
38 years now!

50 YRS AND STILL GOING STRONG!:)

I love the gear. It is fabulous! I have a collection of top tier raw components and amps that I know are timeless and therefore like gold. Not an investment, but holding their value. For example, I'm currently refinishing a pair of original JBL 2397 horns with consecutively numbered 2328 2" adapters I may never use. I won't make any money on them but someone will appreciate them. Also a pair of 2203 I brought back from the dead, very rare. I've rebuilt 2245s as well. Amps also, some quite rare but always sota. Only the good stuff. It's what keeps the music alive. I've only very rarely made a profit and even then not worth while monetarily

Back
Top Bottom