Who can repair my Pioneer 909

qdup1

Does anyone here know a reputable reel to reel tape deck re-builder for my pioneer 909. Thanks.

There are folks all across the US. Send it to one of them. Want one close to you, post a location or fill in your profile with your location.

Oh, Welcome to AK.

Another option is to discuss the problem and maybe some here have experience with that issue and can walk you through a repair.

There are folks all across the US. Send it to one of them. Want one close to you, post a location or fill in your profile with your location.

Oh, Welcome to AK.

Another option is to discuss the problem and maybe some here have experience with that issue and can walk you through a repair.

Thank you for your reply. I did post my problem on the forum yesterday and had to edit today because of my lack of correct wording for what the issue is.

Last edited:
I may contact Skywave tomorrow. There is a guy on ebay that lives about 10 miles from the Skywave outfit. I wonder if he is somehow affiliated with them. What its doing is not wanting to play, reverse play, FF or FR. It was sporadically working but is getting worse. When I push play button or the other 3 I just get a quick shutoff. The tension arms go to the 10 o'clock position real fast and stops of course. Rich is to busy right now to take on any more R2R decks, but gave me a couple tips to try. I also noticed that the torque resistance is greater of the left reel side then the right side. I need to get a tension gauge and adjust the torque settings Thanks for your help so far.

Last edited:
Micro switches could be the problem. If you replace them yourself, look for replacements with a low actuation force. As for adjusting the torques, small adjustments can make a big diff in the measured readings. They also can affect each other, so proceed with small changes till you get it the way you want.

That sure seems the consensus from you and 2 others. Rich P has a great thread for restoring the 909. Priceless for someone like myself. Thank you for your reply and help.

Back
Top Bottom