Who do you consider the funniest comedian and why?

Quadman2

Lunatic Member
In the history of radio/TV/movies there have been some really outstanding comedians both male and female.

From this trove of those who made us laugh or are still doing this to us...who do you think did the best job of making you laugh time after time? What was there about them that worked for you?

I just caught a clip on the site where Robin Williams has fun with Keith Richards...at his expense of course. lol So, the first candidate I offer is RW. He was so off the cuff, quick witted, bang on, and I think creative in his approach to comedy. Sad that the funny man was not so funny in his own life but there had to be other forces working on him.

Q2

Last edited:
I'm a Dave Chappelle fan but I always thought it would be mind-blowing to turn Robin Willaims, Jim Carrey and Jonathan Winters loose together.

Curly of the Three Stooges. He has made me laugh harder, and for more years than any other.

I have to go with W.C. Fields, followed closely by Laurel and Hardy. Their slapstick routines were hilarious.

Last edited:
The ones of yesteryear I thought were the best, Rodney, of course would cripple me. As far as the newer ones Dave Chappelle and Ron White are good but sooo dirty. Someone gave me a tape of White and it was epic.

Benny Hill :)

10030482_3.jpg

Allot of people have used comical punch lines to interpret situations to audiences. But to be able to constantly message the funny bone from all angles in a rampant manner that never stops coming at you is something very few could do. To be a comedian on a sitcom without a script and ad-lib entire television series is more than an accomplishment, it's a talent.

Alan Alda

Don Rickles

Richard Pryor

Rodney Dangerfield great material and perfect delivery.

I seen both Rodney Dangerfield & George Carlin live back in the early part of the 80's at Orpheum Theater - Omaha, NE .

Surprisingly Rodney was the funniest comedian I ever heard. Absolute king of the one liners. He even had a part of the show where audience members were aloud to participate by throwing insults at him and he would respond off the cuff (impromptu) ... my sides actually hurt at the end of show from laughing so hard.

Must have missed 25% of his jokes because I and audience were still laughing at the last joke when he was throwing out new ones like a machine gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom