Who do you consider the funniest comedian and why?

Yeah I'm with the Bill Hicks fans,he's one of my favorites.

Dave Chappelle,yep him too.

And of course this list would'nt be complete w/o Cheech & Chong !!!

Drops mic ~ JK/LOL

Why??? Just take a moment or two and think it over...

Bret P.

Curious about this...what percentage of stand up comedians would one estimate went from this venue to the big or little screen?

I'd guess...maybe 10% or less?

Q2

Last edited:
What? No else want to take a stab in the dark at this? None have ever considered the number of stand ups who went on to be the funny people on stage...like Robbin?

Q2

Best example I can think of is Steve Martin. He was THE biggest stand-up in the 70s and has gone on to make legendary comedic films for more than 30 years.

Best example I can think of is Steve Martin. He was THE biggest stand-up in the 70s and has gone on to make legendary comedic films for more than 30 years.

Does he EVER do a stand up anymore? I know Seinfeld's coming to a nearby venue in the immed future. He doesn't need the $$$...just enjoys the live audience, eh?

Q2

Last edited:
No, and the reason he gives it that it took him several years to put together his 70s act and he doesn't have enough time left to create another. A self-effacing comment to be sure but as long as he continues with his books and films I'm happy.

You DID know that "Polly" was his wife for real, eh?

Q2
Yes, and I once read an interview with John Cleese in which he said that Fawlty Towers was the most exhausting production that he ever worked on, because there was always so much going on....this is the main reason there were only 13 episodes ever recorded.

The episode where it was Manuel`s birthday was killer also.... :)

Yes, and I once read an interview with John Cleese in which he said that Fawlty Towers was the most exhausting production that he ever worked on, because there was always so much going on....this is the main reason there were only 13 episodes ever recorded.

The episode where it was Manuel`s birthday was killer also.... :)

"Si!" I mean "eh?" And when they left HIM in charge of the desk? :D

Had heard that Manuel was in fact English...true?

Q2

Not many comedians are funny to me, but the ones that do have me laugh is George carlin, katt williams, and Joe rogan. I'm sure I have not been exposed to many comedians and there are more out there.

Bobby Slayton, he`s a hard-core New Yawka with a fast-paced delivery....his "Raging Bully" album is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom